Fruit. Evil, evil fruit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NDF View Post
    But Leida, you are doing a program that has you deplete you muscle glycogen and eat really low carb and really low calorie for 4 days a week. Your experience with eating startches in that situation is going to differ from someone who isn't following UD2.0
    +1 im super ravenous on carb days. just for kicks i weighed myself after i totally ate a ton of food over this carbo load i gained a whopping 10 pounds.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Comment

after reading dildorider's latest trolling I say fuck fruit. to hell with it.

Comment

I keep my fruit consumption down to 1 to 2 servings a day, and usually a cup of berries or these days, 1 Spartan apple or 1 pear. Sometimes I'll have 1 banana besides, but not every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          Dr. Kurt Harris at the Archevore site says, "Favor foods that are defenseless when dead." I though that was cute. He is trying to get a philosophy of Paleo 2.0 out there where the evolutionary aspect of why something is or isn't right for us is not the only consideration. Sugar is sugar. It doesn't matter if it comes from a candy bar or a piece of fruit (with fruit being just a tad better due to more fiber and vitamins). But that doesn't negate the sugar.
          Comments like this and in this thread were why i was seeking help on my thread about hunger. We all know to avoid veggie oils, commercial/added sugar, and grains. But apparently dairy and fruit and starches are off limits too! Steaks and salads and bacon for life hehe

But really, is one glass of apple juice the same as one apple? A banana is bad or poisonous for us? Why is a tomato or carrot better for my body than a pear?

Comment

Well, it would take way more than one apple to make a glass of apple juice. Yesterday I made a smoothie with 5 strawberries, a banana and a half a cup of coconut water and it gave me about 10 oz of smoothie.

Dairy, fruit and starches aren't off limits by the way. And who on earth says bananas are poisonous? Who are you quoting? Someone in this thread? (which by the way is a year old.)
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

The bitter truth about fructose alarmism. | Alan Aragon's Blog
              "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by darthfriendly View Post
                after reading dildorider's latest trolling i say fuck fruit. To hell with it.
                word

Comment

I minimise my fructose intake because biochemistry is no mystery to me.
                  F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

So I guess that cavemen who happened to live where there was a large amount of fruit available as a food source were pretty much destined to turn into fat, sugar addicted tubs of lard.

Comment

Originally posted by counterpuncher View Post
                      So I guess that cavemen who happened to live where there was a large amount of fruit available as a food source were pretty much destined to turn into fat, sugar addicted tubs of lard.
                      A subsistence living is a LITTLE different that what we experience in modern times... dontchathink.
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by counterpuncher View Post
                        They also would have spend many, many hours outside getting sunshine (reduces inflammation) when it was available and doing a lot more moving around.
                        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

And I'd think that once the cold weather rolled in, the fruit would be scarce.
                          F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Or when the fish swam by they'd probably throw the fruit away and grab their nets. I know I would.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
                              I minimise my fructose intake because biochemistry is no mystery to me.
                              I've increased my fructose intake a lot over the past two months - probably threefold - and I'm really starting to increase my body temperature. I could feel my thyroid dropping from a lack of fruit and salt, and increasing both substantially has done wonders. No more chills after meals from all the meat and vegetables. It's too bad people avoid fructose. I have every reason to believe fruit sugar is very good for you. Less vegetables, more fruit = stronger thyroid, faster metabolic rate, warmer body temperature, stronger lifts, better digestion. And fruit tastes awesome.
                              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                                I have every reason to believe fruit sugar is very good for you. Less vegetables, more fruit = stronger thyroid, faster metabolic rate, warmer body temperature, stronger lifts, better digestion. And fruit tastes awesome.
                                For you, perhaps, but 30% of the population malabsorbs it in varying degrees. And it totally stops my digestion. The fact that such a large percentage can't make use of fructose (unless it's bound to glucose) would indicate to me that it isn't nearly as important as you make it out to be. Some can handle it just fine, but many have issues with it.
                                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Working...
                                X