Intervention please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intervention please!

I just need some encouragement right now. I am in emotional turmoil over a recent breakup, and it just hit me really hard today. I can tell I'm on danger of starting a sugar binge, when all I really need is for someone to tell me it will be ok, even though rationally I know it will be.

Put za cookie back!

It really is going to be okay. Take a deep breath, go for a walk or to the gym. The air will really help clear your head.
    Julia
    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
    Started Primal Mid January 2011
    Current Weight 183
    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jmday View Post
      Put za cookie back!

It really is going to be okay. Take a deep breath, go for a walk or to the gym. The air will really help clear your head.
      Good advice!

Just think about how much better you'll feel about yourself for resisting the impulse to binge!

Comment

Originally posted by Mell View Post
        I just need some encouragement right now. I am in emotional turmoil over a recent breakup, and it just hit me really hard today. I can tell I'm on danger of starting a sugar binge, when all I really need is for someone to tell me it will be ok, even though rationally I know it will be.
        Cheer up, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.
        Free dating service here,"Plenty of Fish"
        Plenty of fish Online Dating Forum and singles Chat.
        PlentyofFish Login

There. You see how easy that was? Your next romance will likely be MUCH better than your last one.

Grizz

Comment

Get satisfaction over how great you're going to feel & look by not having the sugar -

Comment

Trust me on this one -- no person is worth a sugar binge and how it will make you feel. My divorce is what put me on the road to healthy eating. It was either that or homicide.

Comment

His loss! You will find somone better! I know it's hard to look at things objectively now, but stay strong! A walk outside does sound lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by jmday View Post
                Put za cookie back!
                Haha! Ok thanks for putting it to me so straight.

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                Cheer up, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.
                Typical man advice, lol. Emotions aren't fixed by rebound, or sugar for that matter, but laughing sure helps so thanks

Originally posted by crackedpot View Post
                Get satisfaction over how great you're going to feel & look by not having the sugar -
                This and knowing how sick it makes me keeps me going for the most part.

Comment

I just ate two donuts, and I'm all like, "whatever, man".

Comment

Sugar makes me feel awesome. I would totally pig out in your situation.
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                      I just ate two donuts, and I'm all like, "whatever, man".
                      Like! lol

Comment

Hey Mell - How are you doing today??
                        Julia
                        Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
                        Started Primal Mid January 2011
                        Current Weight 183
                        Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
                        http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

It'll be OK! If you have sugar to cheer you up, enjoy the heck out of it! If you decide not to have sugar, good for you for being so strong! Either way, you're all right.
                          F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Life is full of unexpected stress......sorry for the breakup, but if every time we are "emotional" we turn to sugar, well, it could be an all day every day affair. Let yourself feel the emotions, they don't need to be consoled or covered up with food. Things will turn brighter in time. There is always purpose in our pain, figuring out what it is, is up to you.
                            My Blog: Healthy Living How To
                            sigpic

Comment

Going through a lot of emotional turmoil myself right now...

The good thing is you recognize what is going on, and you recognize how you will respond. That's half the battle.

Find distractions and other things to do. At the same time, if it will make you feel better to have a cookie, have a cookie. Or have two. But the self-knowledge and distractions can keep that from becoming 30.

And realize a bit of plateau (or even gain) while you're getting your head straight isn't the end of the world.
                              Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

Working...
                              X