No announcement yet.

miracle noodle: a stupid ploy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize those were Shirataki noodles. I've been wanting to try them but I can never find any that's made made without tofu.

I agree that it's not primal, but it's hardly the worst thing you can eat if you want some noodles. It's just for texture, really.

Besides, it comes from Japan. So it's automatically good hehe.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Also, what about these noodles is actually good for you? Fiber is overrated, and the utter lack of any caloric or nutritive value leaves me wondering where the actual benefit lies. I suppose if you eat only to fill your belly, perhaps you may find some good in them. However, if you are eating to nourish your body, these noodles are nothing more than a worthless marketing ploy.

It&#39;s fiber, and they never mention anything about "nourishing your body". People don&#39;t eat these alone, they&#39;re mixed with other foods. I&#39;ve had these while living in Japan. Worthless marketing ploy? Just because you don&#39;t like them doesn&#39;t mean their worthless. It&#39;s been around longer than most people think. Just because it&#39;s not packed with nutritious food doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s bad for you. Yes it is processed, but it doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s bad for you either. Anyways, Raphael when I was in Japan I bought them in these bags basically packed with water. You can probably find them in Asian food stores. Honestly they&#39;re alright, don&#39;t expect anything amazing. Try some Soba noodles instead, least if you&#39;re going to eat noodles eat the better kind. Oh and ditto on the stuff from Japan, god I miss that place.

Comment

The fact that it&#39;s pure fibre means eating a lot can&#39;t be good for you... it&#39;s definitely worse to eat too much fibre than too little.

Comment

Technically speaking, I don&#39;t even think this is food. Doesn&#39;t "food" have to have caloric content? It&#39;s like trying to live on only water...can&#39;t happen.

I guess if your craving spagetti or ramen, it may be a better alternative...if you want your meal to be in the 80% category...

Comment

[quote]

It&#39;s fiber, and they never mention anything about "nourishing your body". </blockquote>

Kaizen, you said that these noodles were good for people. Like I said, fiber is overrated. Besides being a complete nutritional void, the excessive fiber content of these noodles may actually be detrimental to the digestive system.
            [quote]

It&#39;s been around longer than most people think. </blockquote>

Wheat products have been around quite a long time, as well.

Comment

Guys, stop being so hostile towards foods you don&#39;t like!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I apologize if I sound hostile, but the original question asked was whether the product was natural or primal. It satisfies neither of these, but was deemed a permissible part of the 20% allowance.

My contention is with the statement that these noodles are somehow healthy or good for the body. Excessive fiber--particularly in a condensed, processed product--is actually detrimental to the body.

However, just because something is detrimental does not automatically mean that it should be abstained from. Many of us consume alcohol and other substances that pose their own levels of threat.

I am not protesting involving these in the diet if someone really desires the sensation of noodles, but it should be not be done under some false guise of the product being innocuous and healthy.

Comment

Working...
                X