Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly newbie asking silly question. Why am I so tired?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously? Why must we be bottomless foodpits?
    Ibthink boredom/stress may play a roll, but also I just love to eat!
    I'm lucky I've always just been petite but at age 27 I can see that changing a bit. Make it stop, akk!

Comment

It may be you are not getting enough fat. Chicken never keeps me full for long. Beef and pork are far better for that. Especially if cooked with some ghee or bacon fat.

It could also be low carb flu.

ETA: That is quite a lot of bacon. Could you try having burger patties for breakfast instead?
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Well, I know in my case, it isn't a matter of not enough fat. I can eat endless ribs too (dry rubbed). And I've been primal for over a year and low carb well before that.

I'm a stress eater too. I get stressed and it gives me that "I have low blood sugar and must eat," shaky, brain foggy feeling.

Comment

Have you tried taking digestive enzymes?? It's possible you're not getting all the nutrients from the food you're eating, leading you to still be hungry.
          $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Originally posted by tradawg View Post
            Have you tried taking digestive enzymes?? It's possible you're not getting all the nutrients from the food you're eating, leading you to still be hungry.
            Interesting. Have not tried. I sort of just assumed that since I was eating such dense, nutritious, non gut irritating food, and since my digestion seems to run smoothly that I wouldn't have this sort of problem. But definitely worth a shot, thanks, I would like to see if this makes any difference.

Comment

wheat and sugar withdrawals will do that to you too big time. fuzzy wuzzy brain fog and lethargy until your hormones reset.

Comment

I've heard that for some people they do go through a period of time of ravenous hunger but then it eventually subsides.

I really ate a TON of fat the first week or two and then naturally just stopped eating quite so much fat but without feeling deprived or more hungry or anything. I also was pretty darn sure I got fatter for a little while before any weight came off. Weight loss for me has been very slow, not dramatic at all, but 5 weeks in and I can go one notch in on my belt. I think I still look the same though, which can be discouraging.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

OP why do you change to paleo what you were doing previously seemed optimal - you said you always at healthily were trim and fit?
                  P.S. There are lots of good recipes for low carb cheesecake.
                  Last edited by Sue; 11-05-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X