No announcement yet.

Why is popcorn bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn is even less of a grain and more of a mutated grass (it's gray area, I know, but modern corn is SO f*cked up by Monsanto, et al).
    carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by kiss View Post
      I air pop it (too lazy to clean up a pot with oil or I would use coconut oil) and use Kerrygold butter and Himalayan salt. About twice a month I share a bowl with my husband while watching movies.
      I'm in the same boat, except for the air popping. We buy organic kernels and put some coconut oil in our WestBend Stir-Crazy popper then add some grass-fed butter & sea salt. The Mr. isn't as primal as I am, so this is mostly his indulgence during our at-home movie nights, but I'll nibble on some, too.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
        ::guffaw::, then we will be friends in the end
        Beer is a bond that even the collapse of the entire universe into a singularty can not break.

Comment

Popcorn makes me feel like I have a gremlin in my guts trying to claw itself out.
          The first time I ate popcorn was at a theatre. Mom had to take me home early and I puked my guts out all night long.
          I have never tried to give it to my kids. That would just be evil.
          Start Weight: 265.8
          Current Weight: 234.4
          Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Comment

Microwave popcorn is evil...I cannot even walk down that aisle without feeling like I'm about to have an asthma attack.
            Organic popcorn smothered in butter is something I LOVE a couple times a month, though.
            I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
            Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
            "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

I heard on Coast to Coast a.m. with Art Bell that earthquakes seem to follow upticks in popcorn consumption in the US.

Funny, whenever my wife and I start eating popcorn, there usually is an Earthquake soon. So I would say avoid it or make sure your disaster kit is ready to go.

~rc

Comment

Originally posted by shmee View Post
                Popcorn makes me feel like I have a gremlin in my guts trying to claw itself out.
                The first time I ate popcorn was at a theatre. Mom had to take me home early and I puked my guts out all night long.
                Ouch, sounds like an autoimmune response.

Although some people can handle grains better than others, reactions like these prove how foreign they are to the human body.

Comment

Originally posted by shmee View Post
                  Hmmm . . . . I'm thinking it may not have been the popcorn itself, but whatever gross chemicals they use to prepare it and douse it with. Movie show popcorn is notoriously disgusting. But I don't blame you for not wanting to try making your own at home. Adverse reactions to food can be very powerful motivators to steer clear.

Comment

I knew a guy once, he ate popcorn once in a while. Then he DIED.

Comment

I got a better one. Why is popcorn bad?

Answer: It's not bacon.
                      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                      Follow me on google+
                      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

I have no desire for popcorn any more since going Paleo. Its simply a high carbohydrate starch. Gonna spike the blood sugar. Yet I still see the Harvard newsletter telling me to eat "healthy low fat popcorn". Sure ; popcorn without trans fats is "healthier" than with. But how is a high glycemic load starch healthy?

Comment

Popcorn is evil. The amount of flossing is not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by phigment View Post
                            Popcorn is evil. The amount of flossing is not worth it.
                            Lol..so true.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Whatever you do, please don't try to scratch a popcorn itch at the cinema. That stuff is a 30-ingredient atrocity.
                              37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

I personally am not against properly prepared grains (ie Nourishing Traditions).

Aside from obvious GMO reasons, the reason I don't eat popcorn, or corn in general, is for a reason that unfortunately I never see discussed on this forum which is that most corn and corn products are not prepared using nixtamalization. So at best, eating the corn goes right through the digestive system without any nutrients being absorbed, and at worse may actually leach nutrients from the body.

Comment

Working...
                                X