Halloween

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

So is anyone else cheating for Halloween? I'll be having some candy and pizza.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

I have absolutely no interest in eating grains or candies. I think the mentality of primal/paleo diet being a "limitation" causes one to want to cheat in a way.

I don't subscribe to that mentality. Bread, candies... they're just not "food" to me.
    Last edited by Bosnic; 10-31-2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Good chance i have a little candy (just a little)

more likely going to have some booze

Comment

IS THIS thread real life??? cmon....
        Get on my Level
        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I totally bombed myself this weekend. Boozes galore, jello shots (I did make them sugar-free lol), pizza, pizza, candy, candy, burrito nachos, all kinds of junk...

Now I know what it feels like to be SAD again, and I don't like it much. That's why today's lunch is cherrystone clams and wakame seaweed as soup.

Junk food was fun. Yes, it was worth it. I'm happy to be back on plan again.

Comment

Candy is no longer food to me either but I've been struggling with what to give to trick-or-treaters. I have to come up with something soon or hide in a dark house tonight. :/

Comment

Originally posted by jaye View Post
              Candy is no longer food to me either but I've been struggling with what to give to trick-or-treaters. I have to come up with something soon or hide in a dark house tonight. :/
              In light of the possibility of being known as "that one house that gives out healthy stuff", I would probably just not do anything. lol

Comment

I'd have some candy if I had eating well lately, but unfortunately the celebration at my office has been going on for the last week and I've hit the candy bowl one too many times. Sugar makes me totally cranky and upsets my stomach, so no-thank-you!
                ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Originally posted by vontrapp
                CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
                Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
                  In light of the possibility of being known as "that one house that gives out healthy stuff", I would probably just not do anything. lol
                  little plastic rings or erasers are always cool. much better than raisins lol

Comment

Sadly, I've squandered my binges prior to my 40 hour fast this past weekend. I encourage everyone to pig out today, though, because this is the best time to do it in all of the calendar year.

Comment

No candy for me. Halloween seems hardly worth it. The only good reason I see for not eating primally is for something socially..or a special event (my birthday/anniversary)
                      Last edited by activia; 10-31-2011, 03:30 PM.
                      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

I'm planning on doing my best to avoid any temptations that arise. I'm not going to beat myself up though.
                        There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

I didn't really have any candy this past weekend...but one night at a party I got pretty drunk and proceeded to order a pizza and eat a vast majority of it. Whoops

Comment

I've had a good bit of 90% dark chocolate, and a "treat" of almond butter mixed with honey last night. But that's pretty much it. No plans for anything involving unnatural foods...
                            Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                            -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Nope. I was at two costume parties this weekend...and all I had was water. Didn't even snack on the fruit, because I'm trying to rein in my snacking. When I'm done with Whole 30, I'll go back to having dark chocolate. But cookies and mass-marketed milk-chocolate bars just don't hold any appeal to me anymore (!!!). But I do appreciate how beautiful some homemade treats look.
                              F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Working...
                              X