• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat phobia

having a fat phobia... help ;-;
    Eat to live, don't live to eat.

Face your fear! Eat more bacon!
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
      Face your fear! Eat more bacon!
      I think my fear is more of the greasyness. like i just had ground beef with like 73% fat free (the lowest i could find), and the bottom of my pan was like a puddle of grease and i was like, "..." and then when i put it in my bowl after getting rid of most of it, there was a lot in the bottom of the bowl, and i starting having a panic attack...

Comment

is the grease going to cut you? is it waving a knife around saying 'come at me, bro!' ?
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          is the grease going to cut you? is it waving a knife around saying 'come at me, bro!' ?
          I wanna draw that...

lmao.

Comment

do it, then lemme see and give me any and all residual royalties

i copyrighted that like 5 seconds ago
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

You can't copyright what doesn't exist.

Comment

a fat phobia?

come on, man.

does this answer need further explanation?

Comment

i copyrighted my grease man

and really, no panic attacking over food

you'll get used to it quick

but i swear if you have a panic attack over the shiny stuff left over in the pan i will mock you for weeks. i'm not even playing
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

I know that feeling!

And then I logicize my fat consumption by reminding myself that it's GOOD fat and my body NEEDS fat, and I tell that portion of my brain that's still whingeing about CW rightness to STFU! That it's lied to me all this time because LOOK how FAT I am because I AVOIDED fat. Nyah!

*SLURP*

On a more calmer note, you are in the process of retraining your thinking, replacing one thought with another, and because it's a 180' switch, there's going to be some residual OMG-NO! moments. At that point, I'd close my eyes, take a DEEP breath, think about Mark Sisson, MDA, Robb Wolf, and my long-gone ancestors and remind myself that I'm doing something good for my body, and myself. And, omg, LOOK how much weight I've lost already!

Comment

It's not so weird to be adverse to the drippings that come off of fatty meat, I personally love them and put them on my vegetables, but some people have been conditioned for so long to visualize that fat traveling directly to their arteries, blocking them off and killing them imminently, that they can panic if faced with the prospect of consuming that.

The first step to overcoming a phobia is to figure out why you have it. What kinds of things do you visualize and associate with it in your mind? When might you have developed the problem? Was there a bad experience with fat once or was it a gradually acquired aversion? Then once you have that, decide if your fear is actually rational. What is the point of being afraid? Fear is an adaptation to keep us from getting hurt, is it going to hurt you? It may take some time, but this is the general way people get over it. Some read great books like the first part of Good Calories Bad Calories, realize that there is nothing to fear and dive right in. If you can reward yourself for overcoming it and being brave that helps even more. Make a point to eat that grease and feel proud of overcoming your fears when you do.
                      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

or do what i did and take a bite of greasy meat on purpose, wait to die and then when it doesn't happen take another
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

Perhaps you should attempt to make those meat drippings & fat into some sort of flavorful sauce/gravy that you'll enjoy, instead of just pouring on the liquid fat? I know flour/cornstarch are out, but you could deglaze the pan with wine, vinegar, lemon, etc... and some spices, or if doing dairy try a bit of heavy cream?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimelah View Post
                            On a more calmer note, you are in the process of retraining your thinking, replacing one thought with another, and because it's a 180' switch, there's going to be some residual OMG-NO! moments. At that point, I'd close my eyes, take a DEEP breath, think about Mark Sisson, MDA, Robb Wolf, and my long-gone ancestors and remind myself that I'm doing something good for my body, and myself. And, omg, LOOK how much weight I've lost already!
                            This.

Do it slowly if that's what works best. You don't have to jump into TPB with both feet. You can do it in stages. Maybe first, focus on no more grains and sugar. And then once that's a given, work on avoiding processed food whenever possible. Then start bumping up your fat. Then scale back your fruit and dairy and nuts.
                            F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

I'm slurping on a coconut milk shake right now. I believe the can of coconut milk I use is about 80% fat, but it tastes SOOOOO good, and not "fatty", that I just slurp it all up.

... I see that I'm doing a lot of "slurping" right now...

Comment

Working...
                              X