• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]

That you prefer to be spoon-fed...</blockquote>

Is Snake Oil primal?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

[quote]

To the many adults reading this who have joined our group in the last few days after reading my posts here, we are very glad to have you.
      </blockquote>

LOL Touché

Comment

SS - I, too, thought I heard the echo of a &#39;quack&#39; with awriter&#39;s first underwhelming post on the subject matter.

But, we must come to terms with the fact that we are babies - and only those in the awriter &#39;clique&#39; are adults! LOL! This has gotten pretty silly!

I guess we should just be happy that awriter condescended to even offer an alternative to I-could-tell-you-but-then-I&#39;d-have-to-kill-you leptin theory: her elite yahoo group. Just don&#39;t mention you care about nutrition! Egads!

I won&#39;t be revisiting this thread - thanks for your invaluble input Anand, you have been helpful!!

Comment

I really don&#39;t think awriter is asking for too much or being condescending at all.

She&#39;s not withholding any information-- she&#39;s just asking that you join her yahoo group if you want to "learn" more. Folks, not a big deal-- really. Scheesch.

Comment

Why can&#39;t the conversation take place here?

Comment

I agree with Ecala. I also think it is asking a lot of awriter to duplicate her efforts, moderating and answering questions on the Yahoo site and then posting info here as well. I&#39;m sure she has a life outside of blogs and any opportunity to save time so that she can enjoy that life sounds like reason enough to me for her request.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Hi all,

I&#39;ve read this thread with great interest and wanted to add my 2 cents in. I believe there is some animosity either benign or something else.

Specifically I would like to direct my comments @awriter and to anyone who is thinking about or does post on this forum.

I would like to start off by saying that I am not attacking your point of view in anyway. I only have the vaguest idea of what it is. The way I want to look at what you posted is from a marketing perpective.

You have a yahoo list where you present your thoughts and ideas, that is great and in many ways a noble idea, especially if you have bought research and are presenting it in a condensed form free of charge and with the ability to discuss. I have signed up to your yahoo group and look forward to reading it.

However, you have come to this forum and have presented yourself in a manner not befitted the way this community works. Having read a lot of the posts on this forum I dont find it hard by any stretch to say that this community is dominated by intellectuals. These people are very clear that they like discussion and debate backed by facts. You must understand that the impression you have given others in your posts (myself included) is that you are right and everyone else is wrong if they don&#39;t agree with you and yet you have withheld any information on which to persuade people to your point. This is not about giving away all your hard earned info, nor is it about babyfeeding people but if you want people to visit and join your yahoo group you have to provide them with value, the value to this group is information they can discuss and/or debate, so throw us a bone and let us see what you are about. Hell on your own yahoo group you ask for people to introduce themselves yet you have not done that here as far as i can see.

One of the reasons Mark does so well is everyday he posts information which is of great value to his readers. He posts a little snippet of a much larger picture. He doesn&#39;t give everything away for free, but in doing so he (and this is the important part) builds a realtionship which causes people to want to come back/sign up to the forum/buy his products.

If you want your own endeavour to succeed and get stronger so that you can present more and help more people and maybe one day create and sell a product (or not) I think you should refocus on creating the relationship rather than doing what you did here which was to come in saying "I&#39;m right, you&#39;re wrong, sign up to my yahoo group". This way you will come up against far less resistance and help yourself a lot too.

Steve

Comment

Very well said Steve.

That is the main reason for my participation on this forum: to learn, exchange ideas, and offer my knowledge/experience -- none of which awriter did with her visit (at least not very well).

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
                  —Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Steve wrote: "If you want your own endeavour to succeed and get stronger so that you can present more and help more people and maybe one day create and sell a product..."

Well-written post in general, but completely missing MY point. I&#39;m not interested in selling a product. I&#39;m not interested in creating a relationship with anonymous people on various websites throughout the net.

I read this blog regularly. One day I saw a Leptin Resistance thread here that was started a week or so after I&#39;d begun my Yahoo group. I then read a lot of what I have come to learn is misinformation being posted here, gave my own POV about the subject -- AND the link to my group. This way anyone who read my take on things could join if they chose, and find out why I believe what I believe and decide for themselves if it is correct.

Yes, I do believe what has been posted here about LR has mostly been wrong. I don&#39;t care if it&#39;s repeated twenty times from Sunday, as Gary Taubes felt about the &#39;fat makes you fat&#39; and &#39;fat will give you heart disease&#39; crowd. He knew better then the entire medical establishment and said so. And was vilified for it. He didn&#39;t post his findings on websites like this; he wrote a book. I&#39;m not writing a book, but I have created a website that has my research open and available to anyone who cares to read it.

Yes, I do believe that what I wrote here about LR has been right.

And yes, I have what I *believe* is the research to back that up -- months and months of it. But I have no intention whatever of posting one iota of it here. It&#39;s available to anyone -- like you, for instance -- who would like to see it.

If folks had simply joined the group -- whether or not the research posted there convinced them or not -- that would have been the end of that. Everybody would have learned something whether or not they agree with it. Including me, if group members read my research or posts and refuted it. I love to be _proven_ wrong; that&#39;s how I learn things.

Instead, I&#39;ve been treated as if I DID have a product to sell, or as if I were somehow obligated to reproduce my research here as well as there, or as if I needed to &#39;establish a relationship&#39; with a bunch of folks who neither sign their names nor behave as if they were talking to a real human being behind the anonymity they cheerfully abuse.

Thus, it appears (to me, anyway) that there is not one collective group of "intellectuals" who resent my method or my means as regards posting here, but rather several types of people: the kind that have posted the most here, who I would not accept into my group even if they applied (I&#39;ve said why in my post to rwilliam321) -- and those who have never posted here but who have happily already joined the group and are finding the information they seek. Whether they will agree with it or not is another matter, and certainly not a requirement.

I appreciate your well-intentioned advice, but as I do not have a product to sell, nor a desire to type my research or resources here after I&#39;ve already worked hard to add it to my group -- I will respectfully decline to take it. If that means that people like Osa007 or Pikaia will never join my group -- I will consider that a bonus.

Comment

[quote]

I&#39;m not interested in creating a relationship with anonymous people on various websites throughout the net. </blockquote>

awriter, I&#39;m sure you&#39;re even less interested in creating relationships with a bunch of snarky asses like the ones found here!

Comment

"If that means that people like Osa007 or Pikaia will never join my group -- I will consider that a bonus. "

People like me? What did I say that was so awful?

I posted one sentence on p3 this thread, and it was a sincere question. I have made no other comments on this thread or any other thread regarding leptin.

My question was, "Why can&#39;t this conversation take place here?" It was an honest question. You&#39;ve now answered it, and I wasn&#39;t planning to criticize your reasons.

But now I&#39;m representative of people you don&#39;t want on your group. Really? I&#39;m the mean one?

Comment

Pikaia, you&#39;re right,. You posted your one question AFTER I had already answered it. My response to Steve was the *second* time I&#39;d said it, and I just assumed you&#39;d seen the first response about not wanting to duplicate effort and simply ignored it.

I made an assumption about you, and I was wrong. I&#39;m sorry. I hope you will accept my apology.

Comment

Working...
                          X