Note to Self

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note to Self

Dear Self: Drinking caffeinated tea two hours before bedtime is a STUPID THING TO DO. No wonder you're still awake at 1:30 am. Please don't do this stupid thing again. Camomile is your friend after 6 pm.

Sincerely,
    Me
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

LOL - I had a terrible period of insomnia about two weeks ago that I could NOT figure out. Finally I realized that the Kombucha tea I was guzzling down with my dinner at night was full of caffeine!

I finally took benadryl to get to sleep. Good luck
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Agreed *sigh*
      Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
        LOL - I had a terrible period of insomnia about two weeks ago that I could NOT figure out. Finally I realized that the Kombucha tea I was guzzling down with my dinner at night was full of caffeine!

I finally took benadryl to get to sleep. Good luck
        Heh. Glad you figured it out! I took two advil for my splitting headache -- but that was an hour ago. Headache is gone. I'm wide awake. Damn it.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
          Agreed *sigh*
          **double sigh**

Comment

Before quitting dairy I drank my coffee with milk and had the opposite reaction - it always made me so sleepy...
            Character is defined by what you do when no one else is looking.

Comment

I take my coffee and tea black. No milk to offset the caffeine. Oops!

Comment

Note to self:

Too much MCT will make you pass out.
                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

I like Yerba Mate...
                  For some reason it gives me energy during the day...but at night, I can drink one and fall asleep like a baby.
                  Primal (2013)
                  Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
                  Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

Comment

Originally posted by raptoryell View Post
                    I like Yerba Mate...
                    For some reason it gives me energy during the day...but at night, I can drink one and fall asleep like a baby.
                    I've heard this before about Mate teas, and I've experienced it first-hand. It perks me up but doesn't give me the jitters.

Comment

Working...
                    X