Retarded new Broccoli lowers cholesterol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retarded new Broccoli lowers cholesterol

WTF, people? Cholesterol helps us live longer, so you try to take it from us? With vegetables?!

And it's not even a nutrient, it's a natural pesticide:
    Dragsted said glucoraphanin is a mildly toxic compound used by plants to fight insects. In humans, glucoraphanin may stimulate our bodies' natural chemical defenses, potentially making the body stronger at removing dangerous compounds.
    British scientists breed new 'super broccoli' - Health - Diet and nutrition - msnbc.com

Crohn's, doing SCD

No. More. Vegetables.

Comment

Easy on the retarded bro.

Comment

wow, a frankenfood all the dummies will think is natural and healthy for them. Herpderp.

Comment

Hope to goodness they label it when it gets on the shelf, or I'll have to stop buying broccoli - at least my local farm shop should sell the good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by glorth2 View Post
            +1
            Depression Lies

Comment

Retarded wasn't a bad word until last year, and I'm not jumping on your goofy PC bandwagon. Anyway, this thread is about broccoli.

Would you eat this broccoli on a regular basis? Why or why not?
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I'm curious why you think this is any more of a frankenfood than every other veggie we eat? It was NOT genetically modified but rather was crossbred to create a new hybrid. This is how we came to every variety of every fruit and vegetable we eat!
                Now do I think that breeding broccoli for it's ability to lower cholesterol is silly? Yes. If only because time and again we have been shown that there is NO one 'super food that will cure everything' food out there. (acai berries anyone? green tea?)
                But we breed foods to be prettier, sweeter, bigger, hardier, to grow in colder climates, to grow in drier climates, etc all the time.

Comment

I just hope it doesn't significantly impact anyone's cholesterol. Many have worked hard to keep it high.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Not to mention that unless you're eating wild animals - you're eating "franken-breeds"
                    Same difference - different organism.

I'm not going to fear the broccoli, nor will I seek it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X