No announcement yet.

lost and seriously need help. Confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a beginner you may feel 10K is an endurance event but in reality it realy isn't. A guy your age and body composition tells me that you should be running a 10K in under an hour with the proper training. This is NOT endurance racing. I train folks up to 100 miles running and 200 miles in cycling. Now THOSE are endurance events. If you want to RUN a 10K, you need to run FAST in training in addition to your LSD (Long Slow Distance) running in low zones. Two days a week of sprinting with pick-ups into Z4/Z5 (lasting no more that 20 seconds to start) will help build top end speed. It's not like your body suddenly STOPS burning fat once you go anerobic. That is still happening, just at a slightly less agressive rate.

I find that athlete's who go Paleo/primal benefit from a carb re-feed about every 3-5 days ( A heavy carb day once a week in many cases). It's called carb cycling and works well. Mark did a nice write up here. Carb Refeeding and Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple

Good Luck.

Comment

Which is why I'm looking to do kettlebell movements

Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
      I know I'm being the downer of the group here, but why do we need to worry about bodyfat percentages?

If you have a bf% of 15 percent, you look DAMN good.

If you're trying to lean out for long distance running, I guess I can see that, but you do yourself no favors by trying to lose body fat like that.

I honestly just want to look good and feel good. (deposits 2 cents in jar)

Comment

Originally posted by Karma View Post
        As a beginner you may feel 10K is an endurance event but in reality it realy isn't. A guy your age and body composition tells me that you should be running a 10K in under an hour with the proper training. This is NOT endurance racing. I train folks up to 100 miles running and 200 miles in cycling. Now THOSE are endurance events. If you want to RUN a 10K, you need to run FAST in training in addition to your LSD (Long Slow Distance) running in low zones. Two days a week of sprinting with pick-ups into Z4/Z5 (lasting no more that 20 seconds to start) will help build top end speed. It's not like your body suddenly STOPS burning fat once you go anerobic. That is still happening, just at a slightly less agressive rate.

I find that athlete's who go Paleo/primal benefit from a carb re-feed about every 3-5 days ( A heavy carb day once a week in many cases). It's called carb cycling and works well. Mark did a nice write up here. Carb Refeeding and Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple

Good Luck.
        I run the 10km in about 38 minutes.
        I do sprints 1 day a week. 6-100s 4-200s 4-800s
        I'm working in block zones of running every 100m in 18 seconds consistently back to back.

Comment

To everyone,
          You don't know how grateful I am for all this advice...

Food wise, protein veggies and fat and post workout is carb and protein?
          Thanks heaps everyone

Comment

Originally posted by runner_79 View Post
            I run the 10km in about 38 minutes.
            I do sprints 1 day a week. 6-100s 4-200s 4-800s
            I'm working in block zones of running every 100m in 18 seconds consistently back to back.
            really? when my 5K was 24 minutes I ran 19 second 100 meters. That is a pretty fast 10k, are you a competitive runner?

Comment

Am working towards it yes...guys in Australia are posting 28:30 for 10km...fast he is...

Comment

Originally posted by runner_79 View Post
                To everyone,
                You don't know how grateful I am for all this advice...

Food wise, protein veggies and fat and post workout is carb and protein?
                Thanks heaps everyone
                When do you workout? And do you workout fasted? If you workout first thing in a fasted state, then yes, protein and carbs post workout. Protein and fat later. If you workout later in the day, protein and carbs pre and post workout.
                $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Perfect...do you found fibrous carbs like broccoli as a source or do you mean starch.

I do both times depending on how I feel

Comment

Starchy carbs.
                    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Thanks...always confused when people say carbs what they refer to

Comment

Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
                        I know I'm being the downer of the group here, but why do we need to worry about bodyfat percentages?

If you have a bf% of 15 percent, you look DAMN good.

If you're trying to lean out for long distance running, I guess I can see that, but you do yourself no favors by trying to lose body fat like that.

I honestly just want to look good and feel good. (deposits 2 cents in jar)
                        Strength training I assume you mean to do it...what format?wendler?OPT?

Comment

Working...
                        X