Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Meals - What are you currently eating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had this new awesome meal!!
    brown a minced onion with garlic/simmer broccoli/cauliflower in chicken broth until its soft. Puree with some grass fed butter and a little shredded raw milk cheddar cheese, take it out..and add pressure cooked chicken leg meat mmmmmmm
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

• I just ate a pound of shrimp and three big sea scallops that I gently fried in coconut oil over a bed of organic romaine lettuce with homemade ceasar dressing(fresh squeezed lemon juice, raw egg, fresh garlic, evoo, and anchovies, salt and pepper to taste).

Comment

• Meal one, 3:00pm: Primal-fried shrimp cakes and guacamole over a bed of local spinach with red cabbage and shredded carrots, with a coconut-mint dresing.

Meal two, 7:30pm: Chipotle. Grass-fed steak bowl, no rice, no beans, double order of steak, double order of guacamole, extra pico de gaillo, extra lettuce.

Tomorrow morning: Portobellos stuffed with meat and veggies, baked in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, with eggs + bacon and freshly sliced coconut we cracked open tonight.
        this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Comment

• Just now: griddled chicken breast with garlic mushrooms (which were disappointing as we're currently out of butter, focring me to use olive oil instead) and a sweet pepper, half of which was griddled with the chicken. The other half was made into a sort of salsa with shallot (scallion) and a small amount of deseeded red chilli. Dressing was a first for me: olive oil and, for the first time, red wine vinegar. Loved it and will be experimenting with that further. Will also try griddling more vegetables next time, including red onions and green peppers.
          Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Comment

• B: Bulletproof coffee
            L: Nachos - hold the chips - ground beef, guac, salsa, cheese mixed together and eaten with a fork
            D: Cauliflower Pizza Crust topped with sausage, peppers and onions.

Comment

• Lunch is without the sweet potatoes
              Dinner is with the sweet potatoes

..........everyday for a week.

Oven cooked the Brisket for 6 hours.
              Coconut oil sauteed Sweet Potatoes.
              Steamed Asparagus (sea salt and coconut oil)

Primal (2013)
              Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
              Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

Comment

• Yesterday:

Korean-marinated beef over sauteed cabbage and onions.
                Leftover grassfed beef potroast, baked sweet potato, and green beans.
                Asian fish and coconut milk soup.

Today:

Small salad with steamed carrots and broccoli, tuna, and green-olive dressing.
                Pot roast, sweet potato, and green beans.
                Stuffed bell peppers, sauteed kale, steamed carrots.
                Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

• Lunch:
                  slices of cucumbers with baby tomatoes and cilantro ----salt & pepper with grapeseed oil
                  two grill chicken thighs
                  Primal (2013)

Comment

• Currently home made lacto-fermented "pickles" in heavy garlic.

Comment

• About a pound of grilled ground beef and an equal amount of sliced potatoes and onions baked in the oven. I'm a hungry man tonight.
                      Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
                      CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

• two grilled chicken thighs
                        1 whole zucchini
                        1 while squash
                        1 whole jalapeno pepper

Primal (2013)

Comment

• Tonight we're doing pizza and a movie so I'm making a portabella pizza with homemade sauce and ground beef/ground pork, olives, cheese for me. It's ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to this!
                          Thread-killer extraordinaire
                          My journal
                          Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
                          207/186/160

Comment

• Had ground beef sauteed with celery, carrots, and bell peppers ----for lunch
                            Primal (2013)

Comment

• Chicken drumsticks oven baked on a bed of sauerkraut, spiced up with my cayenne-black-white pepper mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by thesmilingone View Post
                                Chicken drumsticks oven baked on a bed of sauerkraut, spiced up with my cayenne-black-white pepper mix.
                                Sounds like a great meal. My wife just cooked up some rabbit stew, using rabbits from my favorite local farmers. She ate it with rice, I just steamed some broccoli. We separate out all the bones and freeze them to make bone broth later.

We used to say "Bloody, but unbowed." Like your saying as well, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X