Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Meals - What are you currently eating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a mad rush the last couple of days so food has been more convenience-focused.

Yesterday:
    Breakfast: Sausage. Heated them up, cut into slices, ate in the car on the way to work.
    Lunch: No time and I had nothing packed, but I was hungry so I had some nuts.
    Dinner: Bone in pork chop, braised kale. After dinner, I cooked up some food for my breakfasts and lunches for the week.

Today:
    Breakfast: Meatloaf mini muffins (made last night). Was going to have eggs, too, but got called in for an early meeting and had to eat what I could get.
    Lunch: I cooked up a bunch of chicken last night so I'll have some of that over mixed greens with oil & vinegar.
    Dinner: Company is coming over so we're making chicken saltimboca and a salad.

Comment

• chicken wings with hot chili sauce
      jalapeno pepper
      cucumbers with sea salt and roasted sesame seeds

Primal (2013)
      Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
      Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

Comment

• Post WO last night

6 slices bacon
        jalapeno peppers
        1/2 rotisserie chicken

two over easy eggs

Cilantro bed with red bell peppers on top
        avocado
        Primal (2013)

Comment

• Lunch today:
          - Flank steak
          green bean strings
          asparagus
          Primal (2013)

Comment

• this week I had:

beef stew with turnips/butternut squash/sweet potato/carrots slow cooked to deliciousness
            huge sirloin roast, had it hot with asparagus a coupe times, for today cut some pieces up in my salad
            Mahi Mahi in a lemon pepper/butter sauce with white rice (I skipped most the sauce it was PO) with carmelized onions and spinach
            the rest of the turnips/butternut squash/sweet potato/carrots sauteed with some carmelized onions and baby spinach (it looked and tasted awesome!) after kickboxing last night..
            roasted chicken wings thrown in a salad
            ground beef with some tomato sauce Merzetta (it's so awesome!) on top of some spaghetti squash with butter
            Broccoli with Tahini
            cheese omeletes (quick breakfast when I needed it)
            Last edited by activia; 02-03-2012, 10:58 AM.
            Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

• Just ate three slices of bacon fried in coconut oil. About to make a green smoothie with coconut milk, spinach this time, fish oil, strawberries, coconut oil.

Later I'll be putting a beef roast in the oven for several hours on low, and mashing some cauliflower with some bacon fat! OM NOM NOM!
              A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• Breakfast: Unsweetened green tea and a mango-spinach-coconut milk smoothie.

Lunch: Grilled salmon, broccoli, and about a half cup of black beans.

Dinner: Two broiled chicken tenders seasoned with Caribbean Mrs. Dash, and then a berry-almond butter-coconut milk smoothie.

Interspersed with all this was a quart of a really nasty-tasting 7-day cleanse supplement I bought from Arbonne. I read the ingredients, it's all natural herbal stuff. It looks like iced tea and tastes like ass, lol. Not looking forward to the next 6 days, but it was expensive so I'm drinking all of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by pellegrina View Post
                  Interspersed with all this was a quart of a really nasty-tasting 7-day cleanse supplement I bought from Arbonne. I read the ingredients, it's all natural herbal stuff. It looks like iced tea and tastes like ass, lol. Not looking forward to the next 6 days, but it was expensive so I'm drinking all of it!
                  Is it this stuff:
                  ARBONNE: Anti-Aging | Skin & Body Care | Cosmetics | Health & Wellness

Cascara sagrada and senna are pretty powerful laxatives, just to warn you. I think rhubarb is also somewhat laxative as well.

Comment

• My verson of a primal omelette.

20ml coconut oil
                    3 organic free range eggs
                    handful of tasty shredded cheese
                    chopped tomatoes with mixed herbs
                    virginian ham

34g protein / 43g fat / 4g carbs / 560 calories

YUMMY
                    Commenced PB Jan 2nd 2012.
                    86.1kg, 23% bodyfat
                    Last assessment January 26, 2014 - 79.4kgs & 14.6% bodyfat

My goal is to:
                    Maintain PB lifestyle of diet and exercise.
                    Maintain weight of around 80kgs and 15% bodyfat.

Comment

• A typical workday for me:

Breakfast: 2 slices of pork belly, grilled.
                      Lunch: Large bagged salad with several different leaves, pork loin (cooked night before), piece of fruit or some berries.
                      Dinner: Steamed kale or cabbage, sauteed mushrooms with garlic chips & thyme, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, 2 lamb rump steaks (small).

Typical Saturday:

Breakfast: 3 dry cure bacon rashers (fried in lard), 3 97% pork Harrogate sausages (grilled), fried mushrooms.
                      Lunch: Lemon & pepper pork loin & juicy pear, all from Bury market.
                      Dinner: Smoked haddock (poached) from Bury market, samphire (sauteed), steamed kale.
                      Last edited by Rip @ MIPWID; 02-04-2012, 05:04 AM.
                      Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Comment

• CORNISH GAME HEN! Slow cooked for 1.5 days with lots of salt and pepper. WIN!
                        Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                        Friend me on "The Facebook"
                        Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

• Eggs fried in the yummy bacon along side of it. LOVE my favorite primal meal!!! Later will be a big ass salad with all the leftovers I can find. Also making a trip to the farmer's market for some fresh veggies and it's strawberry season here so can't wait to get a nice 1/2 flat of those. YUMMO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                            Is it this stuff:
                            ARBONNE: Anti-Aging | Skin & Body Care | Cosmetics | Health & Wellness

Cascara sagrada and senna are pretty powerful laxatives, just to warn you. I think rhubarb is also somewhat laxative as well.
                            Yep, that's the stuff. So far, no laxative effect, but I hope it kicks in because things have been moving slowly in that area lately.

Comment

• I just ate a stir fry of red onion, leek, courgette and spring onion, with a serious quantity of fresh coriander leaves, plus ground ginger and hot chilli powder, fried in virgin coconut oil, mixed with fresh rice noodles and wild alaskan salmon fillets pan-fried separately in coconut oil. Delicious ... second portion sitting in my fridge and waiting to be eaten tomorrow.
                              F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Huge salad with grilled cajun seasoned chicken burgers! SO YUMMY but my kids are downing water like mad right now....must've been a tad too hot!

Comment

Working...
                                X