Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Meals - What are you currently eating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sample day ~~

Breakfast: Fage or Cabot yogurt and sometimes a boiled egg.
    Lunch: boiled egg tossed into an organic green salad (topped with apple cider vinger & olive oil)
    Snack: apple & some cheese
    Dinner: broiled chicken with a side of whatever veggies we have on hand; glass (or two) of red wine.

Comment

Last night we had wild Alaskan Salmon steaks (caught by a friend) with lemon caper sauce (inspired by this thread) and a heap of spaghetti squash

This morning I've been in pain so my appetite suffers - about 2 cups blueberries, coconut flakes, milk thistle seed, a banana, and a few hazelnuts. Lots of herbal tea - lemon balm, passionflower, and ginger

Tonight we are doing it up right with grassfed beef tongue, homemade pico de gallo, and avocado. Not sure about the veggie yet.

Comment

Just had leftover Primal Texas Beef Chili over spaghetti squash, and about a handful of sliced bell peppers and cucumbers. And water.

(The beef came out too tough. I have to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Becoming Primal finally made me want to cook. Now if only I were better at it!)
        F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

breakfast: 3 strips of bacon, 2 eggs
          cappuccino from the 'bucks
          late lunch: leftover lamb curry- with cardamon, tumeric, cayenne, and greek yogourt/tomatoes/onions/etc
          and some rice in there
          dinner? we shall see, I was going to make a steak with sauteed swisschard but I may end up just eating a salad
          fruit for desert- hitting the produce store today

Comment

For Today:

Breakfast: Just had two over easy eggs with organic (3 ingredients) pork sausages
            Future Snack: handful of fresh red grape/blackberry mix with handful of raw mixed nuts
            Future Lunch: Prime rib slices with asparagus
            Future Snack (to fuel the workout) - another handful of raw mixed nuts
            Dinner - Top sirloin steak with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, diced cucumbers, diced red/green/yellow bell peppers, and spring mix
            Primal (2013)
            Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
            Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

Comment

Big post-workout, that would made grok proud:

Spinach Salad with 3 soft-boiled eggs(from a neighbour that raises chickens) and 1 sliced fresh pork sausage(no conservants, preservatives, starches or dextroses), all dressed with an extravirgin olive oil, garlic, lemon and vinegar marinade

-1.2pounds(650gr) of silverside beef plus topsirloin steak

Comment

I just had a yummy breakfast. Frozen chicken wings, bake @ 375 for 35 minutes. After 15 minutes season with poultry seasoning and sea salt. Turn and continue cooking.

When finished put on grill for two minutes per side. I just finished 13. I would have eaten more but that was all that was left in the package.

Comment

@Beefeater.....you made my mouth water with that one.

Breakfast - no show...some damn sick cat got into my backyard and my dogs went crazy. Had to call animal control and miss out on cooking my food.
                  Grabbed a couple pears and an apple just in case hunger kicks in.

Lunch will be half rotisserie chicken with 10-15 asparagus

Before going home meal: sliced chicken breast, cilantro, diced bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and mixed greens.

Dinner: tons of asparagus with some top sirloin
                  Primal (2013)

Comment

Over easy eggs
                    3 large bacon slices
                    sausage
                    handful of blackberries
                    Primal (2013)

Comment

Meatballs from a blend of beef, pork and veal, over spaghetti squash, with a side salad (baby lettuce and baby spinach mix, sliced peppers) and an apple.
                      F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

curry chicken with extra CO, broccoli, avocado

quick and dirty curry chicken recipe
                        6 sliced mushrooms
                        1/2 onion, sliced
                        1 chicken breast, sliced in strips
                        1/2 cup coconut milk
                        tumeric, cumin and curry powder to taste
                        finish with coconut oil to taste.

Brown/saute top 3 ingredients... add the rest... cook down to a thicker consistency
                        Last edited by smarkley; 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM.
                        started weight loss journey 6/1/10 -182 lbs total loss
                        Leptin Reset/Primal (started 9/3/11 wt 226 ) -- week 14 -10 lbs loss thus far

Avocados are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

Comment

Lunch Time...
                          More bacon!
                          pieces of rotisserie chicken

bowl of:
                          diced avocado
                          diced cucumbers
                          handful of blueberries
                          diced yellow/red/green bell peppers
                          salt - pepper

Primal (2013)

Comment

Breakfast...starting eating before I took the pic..haha.
                            Steak, two eggs, and some little fishy with red pepper and garlic

Lifted heavy a couple hours later..
                            Just some quick fuel and healthy antioxidants
                            Bowl of blackberries, blueberries, banana with drizzled raw honey
                            one scoop of whey protein
                            Primal (2013)

Comment

Lunch
                              chicken
                              bacon
                              asparagus
                              Primal (2013)

Comment

Bottoms up....

Apple Cider Vinegar Health Benefits
                                Primal (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X