D-3 Summer v Winter Dosage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-3 Summer v Winter Dosage

Hard to believe I was roasting in the sun and swimming in Maine just 2 weeks ago with snow in the forecast for Thu night. So as the clocks change here in the northern hemisphere and the daylight dwindles what do folks that supplement vitamin D do as far as dosage? Amt. +/-/=?
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Same dose all year for me. 5000iu. I'm in NE Ohio. There are other things that can affect D levels so I stay on the same amount all year.

Comment

I do the same as pyro - 5000iu/day regardless of being out in the sun or not.
      People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

I was taking 10,000IU last year but I needed it...now that I know my VitD3 25-hydroxy came back at 117ng/ml I'm back to takign 5000 IU daily... i tried every other day and Didn't feel well... I'll retest in Jan to see where I'm at then...and re-adjust!
        The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
        What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
        SW 190lb
        Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
        25 Sep 2011 160lbs
        1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
        GW ~135lbs
        5'3"
        Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

My naturopath has me on 4,000 IUs and will test my levels by late winter.

Comment

i double it in the winter

whatever it is, you double it, do not worry about this

Comment

i do 15,000 iu in the winter...and 10,000 in the summer months depending on how much sun i get. you'd have to be throwing back a handful of supplements to overdose, so don't be afraid to go for a big number if it keeps you healthy and feeling good.
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I do 10,000 IU Daily all year. But I work indoors & I don't get much direct sunshine. However when I feel a chest cold starting, I immediately double to 20,000 IU until it passes. Ditto for a sore throat, or any other illness.

You can get very inexpensive Vitamin D3 testing either at home $65 or at a nearby lab $50. Details below the line.

The main factor is how much direct sunshine do you get ( NO Sunscreen ) in the summer. If you get enough, you don't need any D3 supplements.

Grizz

Comment

I don't take any in July and August when I get plenty of sun.....6000iu the rest of the year.
                  $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Working...
                  X