Ug! Icky feeling belly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ug! Icky feeling belly

Went to lunch with my mother today, to Olive Garden. I've been doing so great for 6 weeks on Primal, 3 months on clean eating. I had two breadsticks, half a piece of cake, half small bowl of soup, salad, and not even a quarter of their nasty panini...now my belly feels like the squirts are on the way it's bloated feeling.

I had at least 150 carbs today...I guess I'll call it a refeed or whatever!

I shouldn't have let my mother talk me into it, but she has been poking fun of me for the way I eat, this is a woman who buys FIFTY pounds of sugar a year!!

your first mistake was going to olive garden

your second mistake is maintaining such a weak constitution. you must not dwell on mistakes but move forward aggressively. this is how winners do. are you a winner or something else?

i support you 150%

Comment

When you aren't used to eating something your belly isn't going to feel too great after it. I had a similar feeling after I went to a chinese buffet a couple days ago. I think that had more to do with the amount I ate than the actual food though.

Comment

I only ate at an Olive Garden once and that was once too many. I had the all you can eat soup and salad but everything there was just so massively salty I could hardly eat half a bowl of each. And I usually like salty food. This was just over the top. I wouldn't be surprised if they use MSG in their seasonings which might be contributing to your yuckiness.

Feel better soon. Lesson learned.

Comment

If you do get the runs, make sure you get plenty of probiotics and/or live fermented foods to restore your flora. They're your main line of defense against invasive nasties! Everyone should be getting probiotics anyway, but it's especially important during/after sickness.
          Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I had about a week of eating let's say moderate carb followed by a weekend of SAD/high card. Over the course of the week/weekend (mainly the weekend) and the following week, my weight varied by over 8 lbs. Bloated is right. Water rushing in, water rushing out. (thankfully mine all came out the front.)

You'll get over it. Good luck! Learn something and move on.
            Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

I know when I was looking up nutrition info, the sodium was astronomical! Cindy

Comment

too much salt is never good
                Last edited by dado; 10-20-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

No-good, especially for a scale addict! And yes I know that's bad too.

Comment

Just bounce back Primal. That's all you can do...Grok On!
                    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Do not get on the scale tomorrow. Back when I ate popcorn, a small movie theater bag would cause me to retain three pounds of water for a day at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernernewf View Post
                        I know when I was looking up nutrition info, the sodium was astronomical! Cindy
                        Oh, that's interesting. So it wasn't just my one experience with OG. Has the American palate become so dulled that they think we need to have everything dripping in salt? (or sugar I guess) Yuck.

Yes, I agree, the scale is not going to be kind in the morning. Just chug some herbal tea, flush it all out of your system, and get back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Has the American palate become so dulled that they think we need to have everything dripping in salt? (or sugar I guess)
                          Yes.

Personally, I prefer dripping with butter, but that's just me.
                          Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post

your second mistake is maintaining such a weak constitution. you must not dwell on mistakes but move forward aggressively. this is how winners do. are you a winner or something else?

i support you 150%

Charlie Sheen, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post

i support you 150%
                              Yeah and do some squats too right Dado?
                              Last edited by Freedish; 10-21-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X