Calorie Defecit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calorie Defecit

Do you need one on this diet? If I eat 3k calories do I need to burn more to lose?

The short answer is: it depends.

It's really different for every person and situation. Try different things out until you find what works best for you.

Comment

Uuuh... if I ate 3000 cals, I'd gain weight. If a 190cm advanced athlete ate 3000 cals, yeah, he'd probably lose weight.

Comment

Originally posted by irishhandgrenade View Post
        Do you need one on this diet? If I eat 3k calories do I need to burn more to lose?
        if you want to lose weight you need a deficit. No way around that and anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by irishhandgrenade View Post
          I haven't counted calories or did any portion control, I even ate late at night a few times and as much as I wanted and I still lost weight. Only recently did I get into an exercise regimen.

If you read the book and stick to the Primal Diet you will lose fat but hey, I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
          52 year old Male
          Goal: 185lbs
          April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

Check out a couple of threads discussing the oft-debated topic of calorie restriction!

Calorie Counting Revisited: Distillation and Update

Reality check: Counting calories
            My Primal Journal

Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
            X