No announcement yet.

ridiculous amounts of enzyme/hydrochloride pills-no effect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be an obvious question, but do you chew your food well? Because if there are food bits coming through.. well yeah.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Comment

When you are testing for specific foods, be sure to try an egg free time. Not everyone can tolerate lots of eggs.
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

eggs have been out of my diet for a very long time..i only reintroduced them last week so i dont think theyre an issue..i hope. if god doesnt let me at least have eggs i give up on gaining weight lol

Comment

Low Stomach Acid is more common than not

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          If your avartar pic is you, you are obviously in pretty good health. *leer* Why do you feel you need to take these pills in the first place? Why not spend the money on some good primal food and leave your poor digestive system alone? Were you having a digestive "issue" or just taking them on general principals? Either way, my $.02, your digestive system knows what it is doing. Eat primally and let it do its job. Don't fix what ain't broke.
          In my experience working with alot of clients, more people have this problem than not. Your digestion is so critically important to the synthesis of neurotransmitters, proper methylation, hormone production, and mineral and vitamin absorption that unless you know for a fact you have perfect digestion, HCL is a great way to go to improve these processes. Try drinking some beet juice with a meal and if your urine is off color, you got a problem. Just because we are primal/paleo now doesn't mean much for stomach acid production... because we were all something else in childhood and/or early adulthood leading up to this. Gut health is quite complex and unless you digest your primal food, there is much room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            Oooh not good, sorry to hear that. Cortisol is definitely off kilter and probably leptin too. You don't need to become a Dr K devotee to see the wisdom of eating breakfast though, a big protein rich one. It really does re-set your body to be in tune with the circadian cycles. Give it a try for a week. You might be surprised.

And, healthy or not, you do have a lovely body.
            Who is Dr K?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanie View Post
              Who is Dr K?
              Dr Jack Kruse. Eating a protein rich breakfast is one of the central features of his Leptin Reset protocol. Kruse gets into what are, IMO, silly little details like a certain number of grams at a certain time etc. but still I think the general idea of starting off the day protein/fat rich and saving any carb ingestion for later in the day does help to curb snacking urges.

Comment

Betaine hcl

Originally posted by primalTatoolover View Post
                eggs have been out of my diet for a very long time..i only reintroduced them last week so i dont think theyre an issue..i hope. if god doesnt let me at least have eggs i give up on gaining weight lol
                Hi,
                I have similar issue I feel like I do not digest things well. 'Get bloated, infrequent bathroom visits.

I do not get stomach aches, just feel not as energetic, ad I have taken over 10 hcl pills with no warmin at all in the stomach.

I even started doing green smoothies, thinking to eat stuff thats easily digestible, which helps with more frequently bowel movements. So thats good, but would like to get my energy back, and I am just thinking that my digestion is not the best.

Any help would be appreciated. Since you were taking 8 pills without any effect, was wondering what the end result was.

thx

Comment

Working...
                X