Are you sick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you sick?

Someone I haven't seen in 6 months asked me today if I was sick. They cannot comprehend the body composition change that Paleo brings.

My reply, I was sick, but look at me now!

i'm not sick. in fact, i haven't had a cold since 1998.

but, you know, if someone is asking you if you are sick, this is a problem. at all times a healthy male should exude health.

please, more details of situation.

Comment

Knock on wood, I don't really get sick anymore either.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post

but, you know, if someone is asking you if you are sick, this is a problem. at all times a healthy male should exude health.

please, more details of situation.
        I have been Paleo 7 months. I lost 35 lbs. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe-my waist size reduced 4 inches.

I work in the medical field. Right away, people think you have a pancreatic cancer when you lose this much weight this fast (I suppose). People have been begging me to quit losing weight. I have plateaued around 165. Starting to put on lean muscles-I even have an abdominal cage showing itself after 20 years or so. My wife likey!

Comment

Originally posted by scottbushey View Post
          I have been Paleo 7 months. I lost 35 lbs. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe-my waist size reduced 4 inches.

I work in the medical field. Right away, people think you have a pancreatic cancer when you lose this much weight this fast (I suppose). People have been begging me to quit losing weight. I have plateaued around 165. Starting to put on lean muscles-I even have an abdominal cage showing itself after 20 years or so. My wife likey!
          awesome, man, congratulations.

when i lost something like 20 pounds after discovering primal, people told me i look sick too, because i was so skinny. i've since focused on strength training and adding muscle.

maybe this is the next step for you, mr scottbushey

Comment

I haven't been sick in 2 years, ever since going Primal. (And I used to be sick all the time.)
            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

I have had the same responses from people. im 6ft2 and went from 175lbs and approx 17% body fat to 165lbs, added muscle and was seeing my 6pack for the 1st time ever.
              I was loving the new look but nearly everyone i spoke to said i looked skinny and had lost too much weight

Comment

When I lost 70 pounds, my ex-wife asked me if I had cancer or something.

Comment

dropped 45 pounds or so. women at work yelling at me to eat more and that i'm too skinny.
                  they're right about the too skinny--- started lifting harder, and paying closer attention to the macros on lift days.
                  not lean enough either, yet, despite being "too skinny". prob between 12-15% bf.
                  i want to get to the place where the response to "you look sick" is to show them my abs and say "really"?

Comment

People don't really know what super-healthy looks like outside of youngsters anymore (and less and less there). Also, significant and sustained (over time) weight loss is so rare that cancer is probably a more likely guess than, "you got healthy".
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

^True about less and less though eating disorders have a lot to do with that
                      Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                        People don't really know what super-healthy looks like.
                        I totally agree. I think we have become used to higher % of fat on people and have come to accept it as normal

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                          Details. NAO.

Comment

Having had cancer once already, I get this question a lot, "You're not sick again are you?"

I've never felt better in my life and just recently climbed a very tall mountain so, no, I'm not sick. Thankyouverymuchforyourconcern.

But now I am trying to work more on the muscle toning and strength component. When I can do pull ups like Linda Hamilton in T2, that should aleviate everyone's fears.

Comment

Originally posted by wehey View Post
                              I totally agree. I think we have become used to higher % of fat on people and have come to accept it as normal
                              That is so true. After a couple of weeks in Europe I came back with new eyes. There is truly an overweight/obesity epidemic in this country, including youngsters.
                              cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
                              2/20/11: 210
                              9/19/11: 185.5
                              goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

Comment

Working...
                              X