Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the primal lifestyle stimulate facial hair growth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the primal lifestyle stimulate facial hair growth?

At twenty years old, I have a very thin mane of hair coming in. It's spotty and not very full. If I don't shave for a few days, I get a full on neckbeard. Which may be sexy to some people, but not my girlfriend. If you're into neckbeards, hit up my inbox.

Ahem.

So... what do you think? Could living primally for a while bring out the inner hairy Grok in me, or am I gonna have to turn the neckbeard into the next big thing?
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Oh, yeah! My hubby is a chrome dome but, man, his facial hair grows so much faster than it used to. What used to be five days worth is now acheived in two. His head hair is growing twice as fast as it used to according to his barber.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I know I could shave twice a day but I think the hair is just thicker. Not coming in where it wasn't though.
      Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I'm about to turn 35, my "beard" still looks like something from a Kid Rock concert. #whitetrashbeard

Comment

If your testosterone is low, it's possible that regulating it through a primal lifestyle could help. What is the hair growth like in other male members of your family?
          Depression Lies

Comment

it's very similar.
            this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is what it is, until you get a bit older. I'm a little over 30, and it still takes me a couple of days to grow a decent five o'clock shadow, though it comes in more full than it used to five or more years ago. This started happening before primal, so I don't think that was it.

Comment

I've heard it said in the past people doing paleo had increased hair growth, same thing from strength training. I've been doing both with no change on that front whatsoever. I'm 25 and still can't grow a beard (comes in patchy, not a good look). Just a matter of shitty genetics I guess.

Comment

Having to shave sucks. I wish I was like some people who can get away with not doing it but a few times a week. The military kind of frowns on not being clean shaven...

Comment

Bdilla: yes. I am an example of this. My facial hair was crap until age 33 when I went primal. It has improved dramatically in the two years since.

Decreased estrogen and increased testosterone are the answers. For the former, follow a primal diet. For the latter, lift heavy and uncross your legs.

Comment

I just stumbled upon this thread and need to put in my 2 cents as a female.
                      I mentioned this in one of my threads (Primal making me grow giant boobs).
                      Since going primal I've lost 30 lbs (now fat in women also triggers estrogen for those who don't know...not just the ovaries) my hormone levels have been stabilized it seems.
                      I have grown a bit of a soft furry patch around my mouth ever since going primal. It's all blond and soft..but longer than the rest of my body hair.
                      For some reason, I've grown a 'beard and mustach'...and the hair on my head grows extremely fast. About 10 cm in 6 months! It is also a lot thicker than it used to be.

So yes, I think eating primally does good things for hair, ALL hair...hehe.

Anyways, at the same time my boobs grew bigger (or grew in cup size because of the shrinking rib cage fat). So I went from a 34 D to a 32 DDD/E!
                      My periods are for the first time normal, on time, on the clock...every 28th day at 8 am, I can count on it. I was confused about my facial hair and worried that I might have some hormonal imbalances...but if men raise their testosterone levels eating primally, why not women, too?

I did lose a lot of body fat and that might have something to do with how much estrogen is now being produced...thus changing the balance of prog/test/estr. ... which to me seems normal the first time in my life, EVER.

I think I'm going to stop worrying about the blond fur around my jaw and not flip out over what might come from my blood test I'm going to have done to check everything else, too. It's not like I will change my diet back to SAD just because I now sport a killer bicept and 6-pack as a female, without even working out!

What is facial wax for! am i right?

Comment

I just stumbled upon this thread and need to put in my 2 cents as a female.
                        I mentioned this in one of my threads (Primal making me grow giant boobs).
                        Since going primal I've lost 30 lbs (now fat in women also triggers estrogen for those who don't know...not just the ovaries) my hormone levels have been stabilized it seems.
                        I have grown a bit of a soft furry patch around my mouth ever since going primal. It's all blond and soft..but longer than the rest of my body hair.
                        For some reason, I've grown a 'beard and mustach'...and the hair on my head grows extremely fast. About 10 cm in 6 months! It is also a lot thicker than it used to be.

So yes, I think eating primally does good things for hair, ALL hair...hehe.

Anyways, at the same time my boobs grew bigger (or grew in cup size because of the shrinking rib cage fat). So I went from a 34 D to a 32 DDD/E!
                        My periods are for the first time normal, on time, on the clock...every 28th day at 8 am, I can count on it. I was confused about my facial hair and worried that I might have some hormonal imbalances...but if men raise their testosterone levels eating primally, why not women, too?

I did lose a lot of body fat and that might have something to do with how much estrogen is now being produced...thus changing the balance of prog/test/estr. ... which to me seems normal the first time in my life, EVER.

I think I'm going to stop worrying about the blond fur around my jaw and not flip out over what might come from my blood test I'm going to have done to check everything else, too. It's not like I will change my diet back to SAD just because I now sport a killer bicept and 6-pack as a female, without even working out!

What is facial wax for! am i right?
                        So how come losing weight helps facial hair in women with PCOS? or once they lower their testosterone? Is the primal diet just gonna contradict it for these women and they will always have to deal with it because they eat primal even if they lose all the unhealthy fat?
                        I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

Working...
                        X