Any reason beef over chicken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reason beef over chicken?

I've noticed on several occasions on the days that I get most of my protein from beef I'm more happy and satisfied. However, when I eat the same in chicken, I'm not as happy and feel I'm hungry all day. Even if it is the whole chicken with skin, legs and thighs with skin, neck or wings... it just gives me this hungry feeling and "nibbling" feeling...

Any thoughts or anyone else experience?

Thanks,
    Amanda

Beef has more fat, so more satisfying?

Comment

It is slower to digest, so stays in your stomach longer than chicken, hence you feel fuller longer.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Chicken doesn't do it for me either. Beef is more expensive, but takes less to fill you up, so I think it evens out. Chicken only works for me if cooked in a curry based on coconut milk.

Comment

I prefer all ruminant land animals to non-ruminant. Whether beef, lamb, or goat, they all make me feel better than chicken and pork.
          Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Beef is higher in nutrients (vitamins/minerals). It also has lower omega-6 content, which lowers your systemic inflammation. Beef is where it's at. I don't have an answer to your original question. I eat beef almost every day of the week, heh. If I switch to chicken one week and notice a difference, I'll let you know.

Comment

BEEF...It's what's for dinner!
              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

It's all in the book and guide. All begins with your macronutrients, and grass-fed beef is mostly what you'd want to eat to meet most of your macronutrient ratios-- which is what will keep you satisfied and energized.

Comment

The omega 3 profile is much better in beef than chicken. Even organic chicken has very little.

Comment

Red meat is where it is at...

Not that I dont like chicken... I do love me some buffalo wings

Comment

Beef does it for me too, keeps me more satiated. I can eat a whole chicken with skin and still not feel full.
                      ~*Lori*~
                      my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
                      my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
                      CW 192

Comment

+1000 for beef! Chicken is too lean and dry, and if you eat the skin and fat, then your omega-6 will be way too high.
                        I created PaleoTrack - A Food Journal Designed for The Primal Blueprint

Comment

Beef is preferable for the reasons stated above. Ruminants are the absolute best at taking a field full of vegetation and turning it into nutrients that mammals can use.

Chicken is good for crashing your weight. Nothing seems to be more filling, calorie for calorie, than bone-dry chicken breast. But unless you're a model with a shoot coming up, that is probably not the healthiest way to go. Eggs, on the other hand...

Comment

Thanks so much for the many reasons.... I guess beef it is for me !

Comment

I love chicken and beef. Beef more than chicken, but I have been on a chicken kick for the last few weeks. Soaking wings and legs in white vinegar. Oh man. Salt and vinegar baked wings are the best.

I think I may buy some beef tonight, though, based on this thread.
                              "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

Comment

Working...
                              X