Diet Sodas!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Sodas!

Well, I finally eliminated diet sodas and replaced them with H2O and.....WOW! It has been about 3 weeks now and I have gotten even leaner. I had hit a plateau for quite awhile when I got down to that pesky few pounds of fat left on me. I have not changed anything else nutrition or workout wise either. I guess I should have listened to you guys sooner. That artificial sweetener crap does trick your body into an insulin spike I guess. As a wise man named Homer once said.....DOH!

Oh by the way, it has been awhile since I have been on the forums here so.....WASSSUUUUUUUUUUUUP PEEPS!!!!

hello, peep

yes, this is good, the water, it is pure and it is your natural drink, the earth wants you to drink the water.

Comment

I'm with you but that diet soda crap was my crutch! Never again!!!!

Comment

Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War cry ::arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh:;

Comment

If there is only one piece of advice I wish everyone I know would take it is to quit drinking that toxic sludge. I stopped drinking it over three years ago, and I can honestly say that the very thought of it makes me sick. My twin sister will down cans and cans of Dr. Pepeer. Needless to say, she has battled kidney stones and I have not. Genetics, my arse.

Comment

eww, diet soda's so gross. Good on you for ditching it!!
            carl's cave

Comment

Quitting diet soda was the hardest part of going primal for me... congrats...

Comment

I am still trying to kick my habit. Thanks for sharing that it has worked for you in getting leaner. I need to stop and it is so hard. Giving up wheat was easy....giving up Diet Coke...not so much.
                Pre-Primal SW: 161
                CW- 150
                Goal 120ish

Comment

I actually quit all sodas about a month before becoming primal - they always gave me nasty skin (spots).
                  Character is defined by what you do when no one else is looking.

Comment

Congrats! I'm about to go down that road myself. I've gone from 8-10 a day to 1 a day and now it's time to give them up for good. Water gives me nasty heartburn so I'm still trying to figure out what to do about that.

Comment

I can't really believe the water is what is giving you heartburn...I think it's more likely your body purging the chemicals induced from all the soda...Just my 2 pesos!
                      Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Neither water nor your body "purging chemicals in the soda" (that doesn't actually happen BTW) will give you heartburn.

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                          I can't really believe the water is what is giving you heartburn...I think it's more likely your body purging the chemicals induced from all the soda...Just my 2 pesos!
                          That could be. All I know is that every time I drink a glass of water I pretty much immediately get major heartburn. When I don't drink water, I don't get it. I'm going to give it a go anyway.

Comment

Congrats! I quit diet sodas years ago and once I decided to avoid HFCS, any soda was a rare treat. Now it only takes a few sips of soda (cane sugar) a few times a year for me to be done with it.
                            I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                            Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                            "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

It has been 11 days with no diet soda. This is a first because I used to pound them.

Comment

Working...
                              X