X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit

Okay, this is probably the most epically dumb question:

Do I HAVE to eat fruit to stay healthy?

I'm really not a fan of the stuff (though, I'm a fan of lemons/limes with protein). With the exception of eating the tiny strawberries that randomly grow in my yard (I know, woe is me, I have spontaneously appearing wild strawberries in an urban area), I'm not big on fruit. It's almost painfully sweet.

I eat lots of stuff with vitamin C, so I'm not worried about scurvy or anything like that. Broccoli, brussels sprouts, and swiss chard and I are BFFs.
    Warning: I'm the most laid-back primal gal you'll ever meet.

I can't really answer your question. I love fruit and find it very refreshing, and when I eat it I feel great.

The reason I am posting is because I just googled "Why we need fruit," and I highly recommend doing that if you want to see all the weirdness the internet has to offer.

Comment

No, you don't HAVE to eat fruit. Most of us just like it.

Comment

Yup. It just adds more variety. My guess is that you like those wild strawberries because they haven't been bred for sweetness, so they're still deliciously tart!
        With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

Fruit is glorified candy.
          Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Laconophile View Post
            Fruit is glorified candy.
            Fruit = whole food. Candy = processed. So, by default, no.

Comment

Did you try cranberries or sour cherries? Erm, no, you don't have to eat fruit, if you are happy with vegetables, stick with 'em and make a thanksgiving prayer to all the gods in the Verse twice or thrice daily for your tastebuds. Unless you can't stop eating pizza or something
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
                Okay, this is probably the most epically dumb question:

Do I HAVE to eat fruit to stay healthy?

I'm really not a fan of the stuff (though, I'm a fan of lemons/limes with protein). With the exception of eating the tiny strawberries that randomly grow in my yard (I know, woe is me, I have spontaneously appearing wild strawberries in an urban area), I'm not big on fruit. It's almost painfully sweet.

I eat lots of stuff with vitamin C, so I'm not worried about scurvy or anything like that. Broccoli, brussels sprouts, and swiss chard and I are BFFs.
                sounds like you're fine as is
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

Working...
                X