Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

week 1 - .1 kilo weight loss but lost 2% body fat..how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week 1 - .1 kilo weight loss but lost 2% body fat..how?

Hi everyone. I started Primal a week ago and at my weigh in yesterday I found out that I only lost less than 1 pound if that. The weird part is I lost 2% BMI and total body fat! How is that possible? If the body fat is gone shouldn't the weight go too? Does my body have to get rid of body fat before I see weight loss results? Confused

First off, it's been a week. Give it time.

Second off, do you mean BF%? Those are notoriously inaccurate.
    Lifting Journal

Comment

BF is Body Fat. I use a special weigh in machine at Boots the chemist ( I live in UK) it gives a printed readout for BMI, and total Body fat plus weight. I was under the impression that they were very accurate. Maybe I should do the weigh in every 2 weeks?

Comment

Jesus, it's only been a week. The PB is not some crash course diet.

Comment

Originally posted by GrokinUK View Post
          BF is Body Fat. I use a special weigh in machine at Boots the chemist ( I live in UK) it gives a printed readout for BMI, and total Body fat plus weight. I was under the impression that they were very accurate. Maybe I should do the weigh in every 2 weeks?
          I don't place stock in those machines, personally, and if I remember correctly, neither does Mark.

Weight is just a really inaccurate way to measure. It doesn't take into account hydration, bloating, bone re-mineralization, muscle growth, timing of urination and bowel movements, etc.

How you look in the mirror, how your clothes fit, measurements, etc are far better forms of measurement.

Every two weeks is about the absolutely most often I would weigh. Every six months would be better, IMO. TEHO.

This thread might help:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html
          Lifting Journal

Comment

no..a crash course diet would have you loose tons of weight in a small amount of time! I was just expecting to loose more than .1 kilo! Thats like the weight of a bulb of garlic! What I am asking is what in the BLEEEPING PRIMAL DIET makes you loose BMI before weight!! I was just curious so no need to take my BLEEPING head off!

Comment

APEX- thanks for answering my question and not biting me head off cheer mate

Comment

What are you talking about? If you've lost BODY MASS INDEX points, then you have LOST WEIGHT. Your question makes no sense.

Comment

hence the question ..I lost BMI but NOT weight.. odd I know its why I asked

Comment

BMI down with weight same.= grew in height. new effect of PB. Well done.
                    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Comment

hence the question ..I lost BMI but NOT weight.. odd I know its why I asked
                      Go read about how BMI is calculated. I think you are confusing BMI with body fat percentage or something. If your weight is the same but your BMI is lower, then your height has increased, which is impossible if you are an adult. Get it?

Comment

lol! funny enough the machine did height as well and said I was half an inch taller!!! I was wearing shoes though as opposed to sandals.

Comment

lol! funny enough the machine did height as well and said I was half an inch taller!!! I was wearing shoes though as opposed to sandals.
                          How much do your shoes weigh in comparison to your sandals? That half-inch of extra height can make a difference as well for calculating BMI, which really doesn't mean anything on an individual basis. BMI is really only useful for statistical analysis of populations, and there are limits to that.

If your weight or BMI is going to mean anything, you have to control all the other variables, which means consistent hydration level, consistent time of day, consistent bowel movements, consistent clothing... Every time I weigh in (and get my height checked) I don't wear more than shorts, t-shirt, and socks.

Comment

Hi everyone. I started Primal a week ago and at my weigh in yesterday I found out that I only lost less than 1 pound if that.
                            I gained a pound my first week then it was 1-3 lbs down every week after that. Be patient and give it time!
                            52 year old Male
                            Goal: 185lbs
                            April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

Forget the BMI tracking and just take measurements, particularly your waist.

Comment

Working...
                              X