Eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs

I know what mark says that u can eat these in abundance but what are the different experiences people have had? LIke did whole eggs increase their cholesterol or it remained that same. Thanks

My cholesterol profile is excellent and I sometimes eat up to six eggs a day. Eggs will increase your HDL, if anything.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I run hot and cold on eggs. I either eat none, or I eat a half dozen or more a day. I just don't worry about eating eggs, they are one of the healthiest foods out there.
      Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Eggs? Just eat em!
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

I know some folks eliminate them if they're doing a super strict allergy elimination protocol, but other than that, I wouldn't be concerned about them. Dietary cholesterol has not been shown to promote serum cholesterol. Plus, the more we learn about cholesterol, the more we have learned that it's more about the particle size of the LDL you have than total cholesterol.

Comment

Some eggs are good for you, others are okay for you. Certified Organic eggs, for example, contain 10x the amount of Omega-3 and 1/10th the amount of Omega-6 that a normal egg contains. If you plan to make eggs a staple of your diet, like I do (just call me an egg-sucker, har har har), then ensure that you buy high quality eggs. The easiest way to tell an organic cage-free egg from a traditional egg is to crack it. Cage-Free Eggs (the eggs with the high omega-3), willl have a much thicker shell and be more difficult to crack. Those are the eggs you want.

Comment

I eat 6-12 of them a day. I don't have any proof that I have no negative effects from it though. Organic cage free btw.

Comment

An egg is not an egg. Make sure you're buying eggs from free range chickens. Factory farmed eggs shouldn't be allowed to be called eggs. There's a great comparison here Eggs: Nutrition Comparison Between Factory Farmed and Free Range
                www.healingcenterofmaine.com
                Detox the Body, Mind, and Spirit with Holistic Healing

Comment

Thanks guys and gals. I really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                    An egg is not an egg. Make sure you're buying eggs from free range chickens. Factory farmed eggs shouldn't be allowed to be called eggs. There's a great comparison here Eggs: Nutrition Comparison Between Factory Farmed and Free Range
                    Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

Yes, get your eggs from chickens that get to go outside in the grass. Eggs from pastured chickens are primo nutrition!

Comment

Free-range means absolutely nothing. All it means is the chickens are inside a chickenhouse standing in their own filth and MAYBE there's a tiny little door somewhere where they could get out but of course, none of them ever does. What you want are eggs that come from a real far that are labeled as "pastured." Pastured means the chickens live out in the pasture, eating bugs. This label, too, will probably be abused by someone out there. It's a crap-shoot, so the closer you can come to contacting the actual farmer the better chance the eggs are for real.

I've had some pastured eggs that weren't necessarily difficult to crack nor were they particularly tasty or anything. Recently I got some that didn't say pastured on the label, but the health food store manager labeled them as pastured and they have an email address on the label so I can send an email to the farmer (it's a local farm, too). Just looking at the eggs I know they are real pastured eggs. They are not large or extra large. They are small-medium sized. They are not uniform in size or color. There are speckled ones and green ones in with the brown and white. These do have harder shells and the yolks hold together way better than the pastured ones I got at the farmers market. Very good eggs.

If you can only get walmart eggs, you'll be lightyears ahead of anybody who eats poptarts so don't kill yourself over it. Eat as many eggs as you want!
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                        X