Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Oil

Hello All,

I have been reading a lot about Fish Oil and the benefits of supplementing Omega 3's into my diet and it got me thinking, for those that do this what benefits have you seen? I know what benefits Mark lists and other sites I found on google, but I was looking more for individual results. So if you don't mind:

1) What benefits have you seen? (Omega 3 supplementation)
    2) How much do you take daily?

Thank you in advance! I was thinking of starting with 2 g per day (pill form).

Thanks,

Drifter

A took a bunch in the beginning, to balance out years of too much O6. But now my diet is pretty balanced, so I don't worry about it.

It does help with weight loss, inflammation, etc.
    Lifting Journal

Comment

my brain, it feels better after the fish oil

Comment

Originally posted by Apex Predator View Post
        A took a bunch in the beginning, to balance out years of too much O6. But now my diet is pretty balanced, so I don't worry about it.

It does help with weight loss, inflammation, etc.
        Robb Wolf has recently changed his thinking on the benefits of trying to adjust the O3:O6 ratio by initially taking mega doses of fish oil. The reasoning is that the body can only uptake a limited amount to use for cell building and repair. Flooding the body with large doses of O3 does not increase the rate of turnover. It's important to eat balanced O3:O6 fats and eventually the ratios in the body's cells will come into balance.

Robb Wolf recent post on fish oil

LG

Check out my blog about a post-menopausal woman's Paleo journey. Includes recipes, reviews, links to interesting research, and musings about the journey. http://paleopassage.com

Comment

Originally posted by LizardGurl View Post
          Robb Wolf has recently changed his thinking on the benefits of trying to adjust the O3:O6 ratio by initially taking mega doses of fish oil. The reasoning is that the body can only uptake a limited amount to use for cell building and repair. Flooding the body with large doses of O3 does not increase the rate of turnover. It's important to eat balanced O3:O6 fats and eventually the ratios in the body's cells will come into balance.

Robb Wolf recent post on fish oil

LG
          Yeah, when I started, the prevailing strategy was to bombard the body with fish oil. We learn.
          Lifting Journal

Comment

Working...
          X