Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I heard somewhere that melons should be eaten only by themselves. Why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard somewhere that melons should be eaten only by themselves. Why?

Is there some unholy reason why melons are so superior they must be eaten on their own?

Sounds like raw foods doodooheaded "food combining" BOOLSHEEP to moi.

Comment

^^
      yeah, that. I read some raw food books before going primal and all of the food combing stuff sounded a little wacky to me. I am pretty sure they said to eat melon separately at least 30 minutes before any other foods.
      Pre-Primal SW: 161
      CW- 150
      Goal 120ish

Comment

I ate half a watermelon Saturday night. Literally, half an entire watermelon. I ate a burger with it. I felt fine and I'm still standing
        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Mmmmm, cantelope and prosciutto... I'm so going shopping.

Comment

Don't forget the Greek favorite: Watermelon with feta cheese. Sweet and juicy with a sour/tangy counterpoint.

Comment

I make a watermelon salad with feta, sweet onion, fresh mint, and a basic vinegrette that is to die for! Only way I like watermelon.

Comment

Oooooo... want a melon.... thanks a lot.
                Woman, Artist, Wife, Visionary, Mother, Gardener, Daughter, Tea-drinker, Friend, Believer.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the logic is that melon does not actually need to be digested by the stomach, and passes directly into the intestines for nutrient absorption, and the faster that happens, the more nutrients you get because they are diminished by the stomach acids if they are sitting in there with other food. I tried to follow the food-comnbining rules for a while, but it was a real pain and didn't seem to reap any noticeable results.

Comment

Originally posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
                    If I remember correctly, the logic is that melon does not actually need to be digested by the stomach, and passes directly into the intestines for nutrient absorption, and the faster that happens, the more nutrients you get because they are diminished by the stomach acids if they are sitting in there with other food. I tried to follow the food-comnbining rules for a while, but it was a real pain and didn't seem to reap any noticeable results.
                    Ummm, must be that they're using a different definition of logic that I'm used to...

Comment

Originally posted by Chasintrail View Post
                      Ummm, must be that they're using a different definition of logic that I'm used to...
                      Some go as far as to say that it will ferment and putrefy right there in your stomach. Just because you ate it alongside your breakfast!

Comment

Working...
                      X