Bacon is so not primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon is so not primal

It seems like so many people on this forum eat bacon regularly and consider it a primal food. It's about as primal as salami and pepperoni even the "natural" or 'uncured" stuff. They just use different ingredients like nitrates from celery which they name "celery extract" instead of sodium nitrate so they can call it "natural" or "no nitrates added." I too wanted to believe it was natural cause of my love of bacon and the lack of sinfully good tasting food on a healthy diet but I was just fooling myself.

Its true but if u buy ur bacon from a quality source like a butcher or whole foods like I do then there's no problem.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Comment

What's wrong with nitrates from celery?
      I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

good bacon is pretty primal, so are quality salamis, pepperonis and other cured meats. i eat them all. they are sensible indulgences, just like red wine or dark chocolate...don't build your meal around them, but enjoy them when you want to.
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

raising and butchering your own hogs is as close to primal as you can get without going out into the woods with a spear! :P I hunted mine down with a 30-06....

Comment

Mark sisson invented the primal concept and he encourages the consumption of bacon, hence it is primal. It may not be paleo, but I haven't seen any evidence that eating bacon is detrimental to health and have no desire to reenact the era.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandadude View Post
              Mark sisson invented the primal concept and he encourages the consumption of bacon, hence it is primal. It may not be paleo, but I haven't seen any evidence that eating bacon is detrimental to health and have no desire to reenact the era.
              +1
              Lifting Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Pandadude View Post
                and it tastes frcking good!!
                July 25 - 231.4
                Aug 25 - 220
                Sep 26 - 214
                Oct 26 - 208.8

Comment

Originally posted by hbmcracer View Post
                  and it tastes frcking good!!
                  This, too.
                  Lifting Journal

Comment

don't rain my my parade please
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

There is more to primal than eating only auroch you killed yourself, and immediately cooked over and open fire along with plants that are from the exact time period.
                      Lifting Journal

Comment

I think the fear of nitrates is just alarmist BS. Are you going to not eat celery because some, (bogus), study told you nitrates are going to give you cancer? Eat the bacon and move on, I say

People really over-think things...

Comment

Nitrates are not the issue. It's the omega-6 load of bacon that puts is right there with nuts. Fine once in awhile, not good to eat on a regular basis. Plus, oy vey, it's pork! With the worms and the...what they eat!
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                            What's wrong with nitrates from celery?

Nothing if you eat it with the celery. Similar to fruit juice and fruit.

Comment

I'm sorry, I 'm sorry. Bacon is the red button lol

Comment

Working...
                              X