X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parmigiano Reggiano

Best. Cheese. Ever.

Who agrees? :]

I would love to buy them more often but it's so expensive! So I only buy the rinds which sell for a fraction of the price. They're really hard but the amazing taste is still there.

Oh, and I didn't know that hard cheeses had more protein than fats!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

One of my favorites. I get it when I can.

Comment

I just had a piece One of my favorites too. Have y&#39;all noticed how it has these crystalline bits that taste sweet? Wonder what that is.

Comment

Aged gouda and mimolette have those crystalline bits too. Aren&#39;t they delicious?

Comment

I use Parmesan everyday on Veggies omlettes and salads. There is also a good version with cracked peppercorns. Most cheese shops and whole foods carry this. 8 year old gouda is a wonderful treat but expensive. If you parm you&#39;ll love this too.

Comment

Gjetost is another favorite, it&#39;s made w/ caramelized milk and tastes like dulce de leche. Halloumi is yet another favorite.

Comment

On my birthday in 3 weeks I&#39;m going to eat 50$ worth of it >:] I can&#39;t wait... I&#39;m going to a Brazilian restaurant where they have it at the salad bar. It&#39;s freshly cut and you can eat as much as you want. They also serve unlimited churrasco (roast meat)... It&#39;s heaven!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Never met a cheese I didn&#39;t like. And, parmesan is no exception. I regularly consume hard cheeses & even use some of the softer ones (e.g. Brie, blue cheese) in salads & omelets. Yum!

Comment

I did meet a cheese I didn&#39;t like the other day. I was dared to eat a 4oz of stinky aged brick cheese. I&#39;ve never tried it before so I thought it wouldn&#39;t be a big deal. Was I wrong! I don&#39;t know how anyone can like it.

Parmessiano Reggiano, on the other hand, is also one of my all time favorites. Others have said it tastes like puke though.

Comment

Big gouda fan myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X