How much sleep does everyone get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much sleep does everyone get?

Just wondering how much hours per night everybody gives themselves to sleep.

Lately I've been getting less and less sleep (just staying up later)...but I'm fairly certain sleep is a pretty important component of living healthy.

Think during the week I would average 5-6, then weekends 7-9. Thinking 5-6 is too low for myself...don't really feel "recharged" during the week...its more a gradual deterioration, with the Fri workout being mentally equivalent to climbing a mountain.

I find that I function most optimally on anywhere between 7 - 8 hours. A little less is OK but I can swing more than that, I'm game! I love sleep.

Summer months I can function quite well on about 5 to 6 hours.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

8 hours on an average. This morning I set my alarm for after 6.5 hours as I went to bed late but just couldn't wake up and snoozed for 1.5 more hours!! It's just so difficult for me to function on less than 8 hours during winter.

Comment

Comment

7-9 plus a mandatory nap (I get cranky without my nap). More in the winter.

Comment

Not anywhere near enough. :/ 7 1/2 hours most nights. But I only get 5 a night all too often. I remember as a teen that I would sleep at least 9 hours, and often up to 12.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
            Current weight: 199
            Goal: 145

Comment

Usually go to bed at 8:30p w/ the kids and wake up at 5-5:30 w/ the smallest and then nap off and on until 6:30-7 when the other 2 get up. Take a cat nap in the afternoon w/ the toddler and baby while the 5 y.o. has movie time.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

Short answer: not enough.

Long answer: I generally get 5-8 hours most nights, but there's usually at least one night when I get closer to 3. I'll catch up when I can, either by having an early night or sleeping in at the weekend. Not ideal but I just about get by. I'd like to sleep more but I just don't have the time, life's too busy, mostly work (necessary evil right now), music practice, and a very active social life. Wednesday nights are the killer as there's a club night on that plays great music and lots of my friends go to so I always end up staying till 3am.

Comment

About 9 hours since eating primally; before that, usually 7.

Comment

When I have school or work in the morning then I sleep about 7 hours a night and it keeps me satisfied. I usually sleep late on sundays though, up to about 11-12 hours.

Comment

7-9 hours, depending on what I eat, what kind of exercise I do, how late the football game on TV goes, whether I have to get up extra-early to get stuff done at work. I occasionally get 5-6 hours but I don't ever sleep more than 9 unless I'm ill.

Comment

Anywhere from 7.5 to 8 weeknights and a little more on weekends since I can sleep in on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Comment

I'm an insomniac so my sleep is not good. I like 9 hours but that never happens.

Comment

I find that my body naturally will sleep 8.5 hours and then I will wake up naturally. Sometimes less than that, sometimes more. Alarm clocks are game changers.

Comment

I am exactly the same as you, DCKMB

Comment

Working...
                              X