Whole30, is it worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McChunky;
    The reason I regret doing it was a felt very restricted on it and it made me more obsessive about things I wasn't obsessing about before.

Anyway, it's definitely different for everyone but if you're already chugging along quite well, don't feel the need to punish yourself.
    I had the same problem with a "30day challenge" of my own devising. I tried to drop my afternoon snack for convenience reasons and to try to keep my insulin level low. I was doing well for a couple of weeks, but then started obsessing about food. I don't
    have an eating disorder and I don't want one, so I quit.

I agree, the 80/20 attitude works so much better for me.
    cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
    2/20/11: 210
    9/19/11: 185.5
    goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

Comment

FairyRae, you hit the nail on the head. I did struggle with anorexia in my youth. I've realized I need to stay away from anything that allows me to be super strict on myself and actually encourages it.

Comment

I'm on day 25 of my whole 30 challenge, and honestly, I do not find it a good addition to my life. I've experienced no positive changes, and also experiencing some negative changes (fatigue, nausea, irritability). I think it's mostly because I'm neither physically nor psychologically ready to give up the last 25% of my diet (sugar, diet coke, and occasional other stuff like sushi or onion rings w ketchup). I like the idea better of drifting closer and closer to clean living as your body and psyche naturally feel ready. I totally get why Whole 30 works for some people, but trying to force myself to eat a certain way just leaves me feeling resentful and deprived.

Comment

Working...
        X