Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rate of your loss

Hi All,

I'm interested to know the average rate of your weight loss during PB. I am getting a little frustrated at how slow things have been for me and wondering how your experience has been. I'm trying to lose my last 20 and it's excruciating!

I've been losing an average of about a pound a week, maybe a little more... BUT... I have more than 20 pounds to lose, probably a little over 50.

And it's definitely an average. I've had a lot of weeks where I lost nothing, and then dropped 2 or 3 pounds the next week.

Comment

I'm also trying to lose the last 15. I think at this point I'm better to focus on heavy lifting and sprints each 1x per week, plus lots of moving. I really haven't stuck to the exercise plan, so that is next for me. Are you doing the primal fitness as Mark wants and still haven't lost it? Really too, I don't care if I lose the pounds, but I just want to get more lean and reduce body fat some. I'd like to be "smaller" but I don't care if that is also "lighter".

Comment

Very roughly about 60 pounds in one year. But it came in a lot of fits and starts because I was doing a lot of n=1 experiments and having dairy temper tantrums. Would have been faster if not for those. Definitely not linear.
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

I've lost about 1-2 pounds per week. Lost nothing the first 2-3 weeks on the PB but then, just like that, *whoosh* 4 pounds gone. Been PB compliant for almost 4 months now and I've lost roughly 26 pounds. Need to lose another 10-15 pounds but I've got my diet and sleep squared away, plus I crossfit 3 times a week so that should be doable.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
            Definitely not linear.
            Yep, same here. Whether I lose 1 or 2 pounds per week seems completely random. And then there was that week in early September where I lost nothing.

Comment

At first it was dramatic. For two consecutive months I lost 10 lbs. It took me the last 2-3 months to lose 10 lbs, but I'm at 144, so I expected it to slow down. I am also still getting leaner. My clothes fit looser and I can now fit into a size 4 (from size 16!).

Comment

I just started and have about 150 lbs to lose. Right now I'm losing 1/2 to a pound a day. I know that's going to slow down at some point though.

Comment

when i first got on the wagon, i lost 18 pounds in a little over a month, maybe 1.5 months. it was good. so good.

Comment

I'm on my last 10 or 15 pounds now and it's still about a pound a month. Always was, though.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I lost about 20lbs the first month and 15 each of the next 2 months. In the last 6 months I've lost ~40lbs and 6 inches from chest, waist and hips respectively. There is some overlap in those nimbers as I've lost ~75 lbs since starting primal Jan 3rd. I've got about 50-60 more lbs to lose. Things have definitely slowed down, but since I am improving each day and feel so much better, I just keep on keepin' on!

Comment

Originally posted by sixtoesgirl View Post
                        At first it was dramatic. For two consecutive months I lost 10 lbs. It took me the last 2-3 months to lose 10 lbs, but I'm at 144, so I expected it to slow down. I am also still getting leaner. My clothes fit looser and I can now fit into a size 4 (from size 16!).
                        How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

I had a similar experience. The immediate loss was fantastic. It convinced me that low-carb was clearly the way to go. After that, however, things slowed down a bit. I've lost 15 more in the following 6 months, but i've also put on a good deal of muscle (assuming my strength increases can be correlated to that.) To get ultra low, you need to hack a bit. IFing, refeeds, things like that all helped me drop little bits more here and there. Regardless, I felt so fantastic after those first 20 lbs in the first 2 months that I couldn't complain. Not like I'd go back to the SAD just because the last few lbs of fat won't come off :-P
                          www.TheFitFatKid.com

Comment

I haven't lost a single pound since the beginning of the year. However, my body comp is still changing - albeit slowly. I finally started loosing inches again since starting Whole30 two weeks ago.

Though it kind of sucks still hovering around 225lbs for 10 months.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                            Congenital Hypothyroid
                            CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

That is crazy. I started with a size 16 *tight and I'm now wearing 12's. I know I look much better, but you must be truly transformed.

I lost 20# pretty fast, then mostly leveled off all summer due to lots of traveling and awesome food. Now I'm losing about 1/2 pound every week or two. It has averaged 1 pound a week but there was a week in Mexico when I lost 8# (never gained any back, despite incredible stool output for a couple of days) and many many weeks where I stayed the same.
                              cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
                              2/20/11: 210
                              9/19/11: 185.5
                              goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

Comment

Working...
                              X