Leptin Reset SUCCESS STORIES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leptin Reset SUCCESS STORIES

I'm at the end of day 2 of LR and would LOVE to have a thread going of success stories... anyone who has success with it- please post the details here!!

Isn't that what the other thread is?

Comment

The "Other Thread" is a lumbering behemoth. I see it, I think about reading it, and then I get very very tired.
      42 yo female; 5'8"
      Oct 2009: 205 lbs
      Dec 2010: 167 lbs
      Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
      Goal weight: 145 lbs

Comment

Ok, here is mine:
        Started the reset in July, did it for 6 weeks before I could tick of all signs of becoming LS. Kept at it for 8 weeks in total. In that time I really transformed. Not only weightloss (2.2 lbs pr week) but hormonal as well.
        Although I no longer do the reset I have stuck to most of the habits, but I eat less protein in the morning. 50 gr was just too much. Probably doing 25-35 grams for breakfast these days.
        Biggest, most life-changing thing after the reset has been the complete lack of cravings. I've been to numerous parties since I started in July, and not once have I had sweets or cake or grains. I just feel full and content. No dramas, no fighting urges. I have never ever experienced this in my life before. If I have a taste of something (ice cream in a restaurant last night), I have half a teaspoon and can leave it at that. My sex-drive is through the roof, my stamina and general muscle-recovery is amazing too. But to be able to go to a mall and aimlessly wander around NOT craving junk has been the best part. Food doesn't play such a big part in my daily life anymore. I eat, I get full, I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Buoy1 View Post
          I'm at the end of day 2 of LR and would LOVE to have a thread going of success stories... anyone who has success with it- please post the details here!!

You may get a handful, but most people frankly quit because they gained weight, or couldn't keep up with the stringent rules and got tired of starting over and over again. Be prepared to gain before you start losing, and follow the rules exactly. Good luck.

Comment

Glamorama, well done.

OP, good idea having this thread.

Comment

^+1 for both. I'm finishing week 3, sleep is better, sex drive is starting to hum along, feel great, no cravings. I don't weigh much, it's really about how things fit, look and the tummy is starting to disappear.

Comment

Greensleeves- why do you think people gain before losing?

Just curious.

Ferti- I also don't have weight to lose, but I want to optimize my food mentality. I've suffered from disordered eating for years and just want to feel "normal" about food. I read on Dr. Kruse's site that he feels that if you've had an eating disorder, you definitely have leptin issues. So that's where I'm going with this!

Comment

What is a "Leptin Reset?"

Please explain.

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                    What is a "Leptin Reset?"

Please explain.

Grizz
                    Here you go:

MY LEPTIN PRESCRIPTION | Jack Kruse

THE LEPTIN RX……….. FAQ’s | Jack Kruse
                    Indigogirl

Comment

Here's mine.

I started the reset in full on July 11th. I had been doing the 3 meals a day only, no snacks, for 2 weeks but was on vacation during those 2 weeks and unable to fully control our food choices, so I had a bit of a warm up period to do my reading about it and meal plan. I did the reset because there was really no down side for me. I was already eating paleo so changing the timing of my meals was no big deal. I wasn't obese when this started, nor anorexic, I was just having trouble getting lean and had hit a bit of a plateau with my weight loss. I wasn't where I wanted to be health wise, so trying this was not a risk in any way. I was pretty sure I was LR, but didn't do any testing during the reset to confirm.

Once I started the reset, I saw steady, clear signs of change. I could tick them off the list as I went basically. First was my sex drive increasing, my skin, hair and nails grew and looked better, sleep became more regular (first off with that I started getting tired around 10 each night and waking at the same time in the morning, around 6:30, after a week of that I started sleeping like a rock throughout the night). Cravings were bad, but tolerable, the first few weeks and then they just went away totally. I didn't work out at all during the first month-five weeks, just swimming and walking with the kids, nothing intense or weight bearing.

After the cravings went away, I started really wanting my big breakfast and more fat. My tastes changed to want that and nothing sweet. Everything seemed sweeter and more flavorful in general. I was eating keto at the time with around 25g carbs per day. I began to be warm all the time, and sweat very easily. For me, this has been awesome. I have all my life been cold, very cold and miserable during the winter. I'm still feeling warm for me, but I'm sure it's just the way other's have always felt. I don't sweat for nothing anymore, but I sweat easily and a lot when I work out.

I haven't noticed any changes in energy levels overall, my energy shot up and remained constant after I went primal in Jan. 2010, but I have found that exercise does not zap me at all and I don't get sore after working out. I started working out with weights after my LS signs came in and I see strength gains each time I lift. I do lift heavy weight and low rep. After a few weeks of lifting, I started sprints 1x a week. I am not the best at incorporating sprints into my week, but will be better about that now.

The biggest benefits I've seen are the strength increases (that goes right along with the body comp changes as I lean out more and more), the fantastic sleep, and the lack of emotional connection to food. This killed all in-between meal cravings and essentially cut my need to eat for emotion sake. I love all of that. I have lost 8 pounds since starting the reset which is great and got me to my goal, but I imagine I'll put some weight back on now that I'm upping my workouts and focusing more on muscle building, and that's fine too. I'm not as much interested in the scale as I am the way I look naked.

I am also excited with what happened when on vacation recently. 8 weeks into my reset, I went on a family vacation to Florida. The first half of the trip I was able to stay on plan and eat well. The second half I was not in control of the food choices as much and although I didn't eat badly, I was not eating at the right times at all and didn't have a big protein breakfast. I was able to handle it well though. Apart from a little bloating, there were no long last effects. I came back home, got back into the rhythm of eating the way I like and the bloating went away and I feel great again. It's almost as if I never had the hiccup. When you are LS, your body can handle a lot more for sure. If I had eaten the same way when I was LR, I would have suffered a lot worse than just feeling bloated.

I'm looking forward to optimizing my health even more now, and fine tuning my diet and exercise and labs to be as healthy and fit as I can. It's a very empowering feeling! I feel like this was a kick off to a great journey. I am looking for a new doc that can help me with labs to ensure I'm on continuing on the right path, but I'm confident this is the right path for me.

Comment

Gah! Sorry that was a bit of a novel, lol.

Comment

kristiashley- don't apologize!! That's exactly the kind of post I was hoping to get for this thread.

I really REALLY want to change the way my mind is about food. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't have weight to lose, it is the preoccupation with food that I need to get rid of. It has been years and years, though, so I guess I'm skeptical that this will change anything, but I'm more than willing to try it. Like you, I'm already primal so it really just means changing my meal timing.

One other question- did you still drink coffee? I just cannot fathom giving it up, but am willing to cut back to only a cup or two in the morning.

Comment

Calories are important when your LR and mean nothing when your LS. Macronutirents count when you’re LR and mean nothing when you’re LS.

I have no idea what he is talking about. What is LR ? What is LS ?

What is the basic theory for all of this? It looks to be exactly the same as the Paleo Diet. Why are you calling the Paleo diet a Leptin Reset? None of this makes any sense at all.

EDIT: FOR BEGINNERS: The Jack Kruse site is confusing and far too complex.

Here is a MUCH BETTER introduction site: What is Leptin?
                            Leptin is the king of hormones, the commander and chief of virtually everything that takes place in your body. Understanding how leptin works and applying that information to your day to day life can totally change your health. This is especially true regarding issues of weight management, thyroid function, stress, mental capability, inflammation, immunity, reproduction, and cardiovascular health.

Leptin is actually a hormone – meaning that once it is released it will travel to another area of your body to make things happen – similar to the idea of placing a phone call to someone you wish to speak with and asking them to do something. In the case of leptin it is actually made in your white adipose tissue or stored fat. This finding alone has revolutionized the entire field of endocrinology – as previously stored fat was just thought to be a warehouse for extra calories. Our new understanding means that your stored fat is actually a metabolic organ, much like your thyroid gland or adrenal glands.
                            Much more: http://www.wellnessresources.com/wei...hat_is_leptin/

Great link for beginners: Getting Started with Leptin Reset by Jack Kruse:
                            ==================================================
                            http://jackkruse.com/my-leptin-prescription/

Grizz
                            Last edited by Grizz; 10-02-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post

I have no idea what he is talking about. What is LR ? What is LS ?

What is the basic theory for all of this? It looks to be exactly the same as the Paleo Diet. Why are you calling the Paleo diet a Leptin Reset? None of this makes any sense at all.

Grizz
                              you need to read up on Leptin but basically Leptin is like an appetite thermostat that tells you when you are hungry/full. There is a lot more to it though. You use Primal/Paleo diet in a specific way to get everything back on line. LR=leptin reset LS=leptin sensitivity A symptom of no longer being sensitive to leptin is being overweight. Leptin works with your pancreas which regulate your insulin. There is more.. I am still learning.
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X