Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official - Denmark is raising taxes on saturated fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Grok View Post
    I'm investing my hard-earned savings into profitable corporations which grow my wealth. (In other words, companies in China.) Society needs me because I am redirecting capital where it can be put to optimal use.
    Ha!

    The ULTIMATE nonproducer, a stock speculator!

    hahaha.

    China.

    Oh good times Grok, good times. You've finally said something that's made me laugh!

    You ramble on here about "liberty" and "freedom" yet invest in a straight up slave/serf economy in a repressive tyrannical cannibalistic country.

    Bravo Grok! Bravo!

    You send capital abroad instead of investing it here. You rant about Ron Paul and the fed....hahaha.

    Truly, this is a delicious moment. I am savoring it.

    I am glad that you're going to get robbed by people even less scrupulous than yourself.

    *golf*claps*

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
      You ramble on here about "liberty" and "freedom" yet invest in a straight up slave/serf economy in a repressive tyrannical cannibalistic country.
      Yeah. I'm free of moral obligations just trying to figure out how to make a buck.

      China would not be so much of a slave/serf economy if their government would stop spending all their hard-earned money buying US government bonds.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Grok View Post
        Yeah. I'm free of moral obligations just trying to figure out how to make a buck.

        China would not be so much of a slave/serf economy if their government would stop spending all their hard-earned money buying US government bonds.

        Buy American. Be American.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
          Buy American. Be American.
          Umm, no thanks. Buying American companies is a sure fire way to lose all your money. You want to get all your investments as far away from the US dollar as possible because once the Chinese stop buying our bonds, the US currency is going to collapse.

          One day, in the not too distant future, those who have a lot of savings in US dollars are going to go to bed rich, and wake up the next day poor.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Grok View Post
            Umm, no thanks. Buying American companies is a sure fire way to lose all your money. You want to get all your investments as far away from the US dollar as possible because once the Chinese stop buying our bonds, the US currency is going to collapse.

            One day, in the not too distant future, those who have a lot of savings in US dollars are going to go to bed rich, and wake up the next day poor.
            Uh-huh.

            Whatever it takes to get you erect.

            Ron Paul wouldn't even give you a reach around with that attitude.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
              Ron Paul wouldn't even give you a reach around with that attitude.
              I think Ron Paul understands that the US dollar is toast, that is why all of his investments are in gold and silver mining companies.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Grok View Post
                What you think there has been no new technology in the healthcare industry? We constantly get newer more sophisticated equipment which would normally drive the price of healthcare down, but because of government involvement, prices continue to rise.
                You have no idea how deep the cartel runs. Medical technology is constrained by what's "billaable" which is dictated by govt policies.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I always thought that fat bad really bad for you but as you read more into it and actually find out for yourself, sugar is the demon.
                  www.paleotrainingbible.com

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    we've already got that tax thing here, only they're taxing junk food

                    i'm okay with that, i rarely eat it

                    but if they start taxing my butter i'll be a sad kid
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

                    Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                      You rant about Ron Paul and the fed....hahaha.
                      Straw man... If one understands the storage value of money, fiat currency is inherently unethical.
                      The Federal Reserve and the Wars on Cholesterol and Health Freedom
                      Money is quite the same. Food is quite the same. Health is quite the same.

                      All three of these areas would look very different if they were not dominated by cartels that hijack government to use it against the public for their own profit.


                      The actions of the Danish govt is simply following the American lead. They're taxing fat, we're subsidizing wheat. Effects are the same. The causes are the same; govt doing what it does best: protecting well connected industries.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Grok View Post
                        I'm investing my hard-earned savings into profitable corporations which grow my wealth. (In other words, companies in China.) Society needs me because I am redirecting capital where it can be put to optimal use.
                        Well Grok as long as your not doing it through Goldman Sachs, who are the biggest welfare parasites of them all.
                        Life. Be in it.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by js290 View Post
                          The reduction in price is likely a subsidy. That is to say, your govt, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided to use public funds to help one group over another, i.e. chicken producers over beef producers.
                          I don't think so. The green keyhole symbol is a backed by the Nordic governments (Sweden, Norway and Denmark), but using the symbol is optional. Also, in Norway, it's the same company that owns the main brands of chicken/poultry and beef. This company is again owned by the farmers themselves. They choose to put a keyhole symbol on their chicken but chose not to on their beef. The price reduction on "keyhole" products is done by a few major grocery brand chains. The government or the producers is not the ones reducing the price, the stores are.
                          Norak's Primal Journal:
                          2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
                          2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
                          2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Denmark to scrap world's first fat tax

                            (AFP) 7 hours ago
                            COPENHAGEN Denmark said Saturday it would scrap a fat tax it introduced a little over a year ago in a world first, saying the measure was costly and failed to change Danes' eating habits.

                            AFP: Denmark to scrap world's first fat tax

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              France is considering a tax on palm oil, for the same spurious reason: French lawmakers debate
                              Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Grok View Post
                                I'm investing my hard-earned savings into profitable corporations which grow my wealth. (In other words, companies in China.) Society needs me because I am redirecting capital where it can be put to optimal use.
                                +1. I am fully invested in China and (relatively) hard currency countries, plus physical precious metals. Zero investment in the US...I really don't want to commit financial suicide.
                                Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X