if you're on an island, alone, which animal do you want the island to be

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you're on an island, alone, which animal do you want the island to be

abundantly populated with, so that you can hunt it for survival?

I choose bison, for the quality of the meat and the challenge of the kill.

Chickens... I could eat the eggs, and they are small enough and slow enough that I might have some success hunting them.

LG

Check out my blog about a post-menopausal woman's Paleo journey. Includes recipes, reviews, links to interesting research, and musings about the journey. http://paleopassage.com

Comment

If I'm alone, I'd probably largely live on what I could catch in the sea. I'd prefer some sort of auroch but I don't know if I could butcher that myself. Smaller game is often rather lean.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardGurl View Post
        Chickens... I could eat the eggs, and they are small enough and slow enough that I might have some success hunting them.

LG
        I think traps would be the way to go.

Comment

what do you do after you trap a chicken though? you got the rest of the day, that could get boring.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
            what do you do after you trap a chicken though? you got the rest of the day, that could get boring.
            I like to move around (hike. swim), day dream, etc. I never get bored.

LG

Check out my blog about a post-menopausal woman's Paleo journey. Includes recipes, reviews, links to interesting research, and musings about the journey. http://paleopassage.com

Comment

abundantly populated with
              So you'd take on a herd of bison all by your onesies, eh?
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I would rejoice in not being alone on an island with no medical care with broken bones.

I'm sure I could amuse myself wandering around looking for yummy plants and swimming in the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                  So you'd take on a herd of bison all by your onesies, eh?
                  for the challenge

Comment

for the challenge
                    Ever actually met a bison in the wild? I'd prefer not to take one on solo. Aboriginal people hunted them in groups for a reason.
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Goats, so I'd have someone to talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepelican View Post
                        Goats, so I'd have someone to talk to.

excellent point

if they step out of line in conversation, you have dinner

Comment

And what about all the spoilage from the bison that you couldn't eat?

Who needs animals when there are abundant fish and maybe even birds? I suppose I could go for the odd rat for the challenge of catching them
                          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                            And what about all the spoilage from the bison that you couldn't eat?

Who needs animals when there are abundant fish and maybe even birds? I suppose I could go for the odd rat for the challenge of catching them

the spoilage, i would make stuff out of it.

Comment

Bunnies. Cuz they arecute and fuzzy and they breed fast.

Not sure I could preserve all the meat from a bison (biasae? What's the singular of bison?)
                              cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
                              2/20/11: 210
                              9/19/11: 185.5
                              goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

Comment

Working...
                              X