Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candian's and Raw Milk. Doesn't look like it's ever going to change.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candian's and Raw Milk. Doesn't look like it's ever going to change.....

CTV Toronto - Raw milk farmer calls convictions 'temporary setback' - CTV News

Unfortunately The laws on selling raw milk aren't budging.

Can they sell the cow? Why don't they "time-share" the cow and sell the process of milking it, so you pay for a milking service.

Comment

This case is specifically about a cow share setup. Read the article.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Article didn't load when I clicked it before, thought it was only a video.

Comment

it's not just about the "cow share" set up, it's illegal to sell raw milk in Canada... even if the consumer is aware of any "health risks" that there might be. but it's not illegal to DRINK the milk...

It's silly that Canadians are forced to drink pasteurized milk, because the government knows what's best for them... it should be a matter of free will and choice... that's my opinion tho :-)

Comment

I'm absolutely aware that it's illegal to sell raw milk here in Canada. I was responding to the suggestion above that people should just do a cow share, since that's exactly what this farmer is being prosecuted over and so that solution has not been successful in Canada so far.

I think this case is an interesting test case for the "cow share" strategy. This case will test through the appeals process whether people will be able to buy into owning a cow so they can access raw milk if they choose. That may then become the beginning of a shift in raw milk laws here.

By the way, did you know it's perfectly legal to sell raw milk cheeses here, just not the milk? That was originally because a lot of imported cheeses are made with raw milk, but there are some very good Canadian cheese makers who are selling raw milk cheese now.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

It's absolutely absurd that we have to go to "Milk Mafias" to get what we Primals enjoy! Next, our Governments will be telling us that Whole Grains are good for us, and that the CRAP MILK in the plastic bottles contain nutrients for a Healthy Diet! ...LOL! What's next, Mail Order Labotomy? Grok say drink Raw Milk...Enjoy:-)
              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

How did these guys get busted? Why can't the customer and the dealer keep it hush hush?

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                  How did these guys get busted? Why can't the customer and the dealer keep it hush hush?
                  I don't know about Canada, but the feds here in the U.S. are going out of their way to find, infiltrate, and bust raw milk producers in several states.

Comment

Originally posted by MissKiminy View Post
                    it's not just about the "cow share" set up, it's illegal to sell raw milk in Canada... even if the consumer is aware of any "health risks" that there might be. but it's not illegal to DRINK the milk...

It's silly that Canadians are forced to drink pasteurized milk, because the government knows what's best for them... it should be a matter of free will and choice... that's my opinion tho :-)
                    Agreed.

I know of farmers who set-up trade arrangements with individuals: raw milk for a month for, say, a large turkey in return. Works well.
                    Kane's Eye View

Primal Kane

Comment

It's about big business and government control and NOTHING about what is healthier.

Comment

I saw this, definitely sad. I have a hard time seeing how you can justify it when people are perfectly aware of the supposed risks and are actively seeking out raw milk as an alternative.

Stuff like this scares me, not that I even drink raw milk but it just makes you wonder what's next...
                        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37921.html

Comment

I'd just like to know: if raw milk is sooo bad for human consumption, what the heck did the humans do before pasteurization?? Did they all get sick? Was there chronic mass illness?

Or maybe, those little microbes found in unpasteurized milk actually helped humans fight other, worse diseases...?

Most of what our governments have told us about what is "healthy" has only led us down a dark, and darker, path of dis-ease. Funny, as though they're trying to keep us dis-eased, and keep us going to the doctors and taking pills... Like, maybe, it's a big conspiracy...!

I'm trying not to be too paranoid, but sometimes it just feels so blatant.

Comment

Working...
                          X