Vitamin D problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamin D problems

I had tried Vitamin D supplements a few years ago, and it caused nightmares.

Tried it again this week, and I can't sleep worth diddly.

Anyone else having this issue with Vitamin D?

No but it sounds pretty cool to have nightmares on demand, just from vitamin d. It's a horror movie in your head.

I say you keep going through it and see what happens after a while.

Comment

One of the B vitamins can increase vivid dreams. You're not supplementing with a B complex by any chance?

Comment

Do you know what your VitD levels are like (had bloodwork done recently)? Also, what supplements were you taking specifically? What's in the ingredient list?
        Depression Lies

Comment

I take my D in the morning, no issues.

I have trouble sleeping if I take it too close to bed--other folks have reported the same thing.
          Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
          Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
          Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I've been taking it first thing in the morning. Yes, I had tried a new super multiple this week, too. May stop them both, wait a couple of weeks, and just try one or the other.

My annual physical is due in late November. I'll get all the blood work done then. Doc had recommended D last year.

Comment

I started taking Vitamin D this past winter but had to stop because it was causing heart palpitations.

Comment

Have you tried taking a calcium supplement at night- it is suppose to help the good night's rest factor ( or so I have read/ heard)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Oh! Also I used to have bouts of insomnia-my doctor suggested calcium

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

I take 50,000 IUs of prescription Vitamin D twice a week as my level is very low. I haven't had any nightmares but I have had some weird dreams. I take mine in the morning on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Comment

I supplemented yesterday with 8,000IUs and last night I had nightmares about PUFA oils. (I consider them nightmares, but by other peoples' standards they probably aren't. I have a low tolerance.) Interesting. I will have to see if these dreams continue.

When I take niacin (not flush-free) I always have super-vivid interesting dreams.

Comment

I have been taking high quality fermented cod liver oil (and the non-fermented kind when low on cash) and have never had any issues. Infact, quite the opposite. My skin cleared up (though still not perfect at the time because I was still eating wheat and sugars), and it stopped being dry. Plus, as someone with a history of depression, it helped improve my mood throughout the winter season.

I've tried the artificial stuff and it has never done me any good. Definitely a large difference in how the body absorbs each kind.

Comment

Working...
                        X