No announcement yet.

Carbs and Metabolic function

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh, I guess I lost track of this thread.

Ecala: I'm an electrical engineer, but my wife defends her thesis in cancer biology in a couple of days. She works on metabolism and apoptosis (programmed cell death), and it involves a lot of the same pathways of interest in carb/calorie restriction (Glut1/Glut4, PI3K/Akt, etc.). I edit her papers, she talks over experiments with me, etc. so a good bit rubs off. And I have someone to at least ask for pointers if I'm not sure about something, or need to find a good paper. As a consequence my main social group also tends to be a bunch of biology PhD's and MD/PhD's.

Also I've kinda tried digest everything Mark has written, as well as most of what Stephan Guyenet, Dave Dixon, Chris Masterjohn, and Dr. Eades write about on their blogs.

Definitely don't think I'm an expert beyond reproach about any of this; that's why I try to post links to source material when I can.

Conan: I don't think anyone mentioned Crossfit before your post. Was that reply supposed to go into another thread?

Comment

Yeah, it looks like that comment ended up on the wrong thread. Not sure how that happened.

Comment

Working...
      X