No announcement yet.

Can't maintain weight, please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are losing weight and can't maintain maybe check you haven't got a medical condition that is causing it.

Comment

I would also like to suggest white rice, a little less proteins, and not eating the potato skins or sweet potato skins (they can be very filling). I am at my lowest weight and also fear losing any more. I find rice and rice crackers to be excellent and light for keeping carbs up. Yogurt, too, if you can do dairy. Oh, and bananas.
      Last edited by Goldstar; 09-24-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Thank you SO much to everyone who replied to this post, this is brilliant and thoughtful advice. I decided to give it a week following people's suggestions and here's what happened: I did start eating the tradionally soaked oatmeal as per Sally Fallon's recipe most mornings (yeah not primal but neither's alcohol and the nasties were deactivated so stuff it. Did I mention it was freaking delicious?!) and I made sure to include either sweet potato, white potato or white rice all with plenty of butter, with one meal every day to bump me up to 100g+ of carbs. Also eaten bananas every couple of days too. Suprisingly I haven't actually broken the 150g upper carb limit. I feel different, I actually feel a bit happier. From a physical perspective things are going great; I *think* my hair loss has slowed. It looks fairly normal, less of a wodge in the shower plug hole. Also I haven't had diarrhea since making the change which is a relief. I definitely haven't lost anymore cm's thankfully.
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread55701.html

Comment

Working...
        X