Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 weeks in and getting giddy, whats going on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 12 weeks in and getting giddy, whats going on?

    If it was the first week, yes I could understand that. Everything was going great, leanest I've been since my 20's (now 53) feeling fantastic but in the last week or so I'm getting regular bouts of gidiness. Read somewhere about loading up on sea salt but that hasn't helped. Do I reintroduce a small amount of starch? Some rice or potatoes maybe?

  • #2
    Make sure you are drinking enough water and then drink some more than you think you need. Ketosis makes your body run through water a lot faster than normal. Fluid level is low, blood pressure dips too low =woozy headedness.

    If you are not trying to lose weight, then maybe some starches would be ok. But try the water first.

    Comment


    • #3
      If by giddiness you mean bursts of happy emotions, I don't know what to tell you. If you mean lightheadedness, then I'd first try increasing intake of both salt and water. In fact I have a condition that makes me prone to lightheadedness and fainting, and the first-line treatment is to increase blood volume with extra salt and water.

      Comment


      • #4
        Primal makes me giddy too... but I don't think we're talking about the same thing here, LOL.
        --Trish (Bork)
        TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
        http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
        FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
          Primal makes me giddy too... but I don't think we're talking about the same thing here, LOL.
          I know it...........

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MudLily View Post
            If by giddiness you mean bursts of happy emotions, I don't know what to tell you. If you mean lightheadedness, then I'd first try increasing intake of both salt and water. In fact I have a condition that makes me prone to lightheadedness and fainting, and the first-line treatment is to increase blood volume with extra salt and water.
            Yeah it's a British thing, to us giddy is light headed. Thanks I'll try it...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Make sure you are drinking enough water and then drink some more than you think you need. Ketosis makes your body run through water a lot faster than normal. Fluid level is low, blood pressure dips too low =woozy headedness.

              If you are not trying to lose weight, then maybe some starches would be ok. But try the water first.
              Thanks, good advice, I'll try it...

              Comment

              Working...
              X