Feedback Needed (3 months into primal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldstar View Post
    I agree with you gals that fruit feels better than starches, but since I have no idea how I got to be insulin resistant I've been leary of it. Sweet potatoes feel heavy and filling, white rice makes me hungrier, bananas make me a little bloated. I do feel I could do better in this area. Since there is so much conflicting advice regarding fruit and IR I have no idea what to do. Would love to know what fruits you and Karin have chosen as staples? I think you are both very sweet and I appreciate your help.
    I actually prefer bananas and berries (probably eat some of each daily--frozen berries and at least one ripe banana.) Then I just go for whatever is in season and available.

I think the food journal idea is great.

Also, you mentioned arthritis--you may want to look into nightshades being a possible problem (if you haven't already). This thread may be of help: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread19307.html

Good luck w/ everything! Do keep talking about any issues you are having and maybe some of the folks here can help!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Karin, love the Chris Masterjohn article!! Thanks for sharing!
      My Before/After Pics
      Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Working...
      X