Anyone, like energy drinks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone, like energy drinks.

I know, they're probably really unhealthy but I do love Red Bull. There's one that i can't remember the name of that's got ginseng in it and it's revolting.

Just garbage that I don't have a need for.

Comment

Yeah....

I do enjoy a suger free rockstar from time to time... not often though

Comment

Energy drinks are generally total crap for your system. They are rotten. Red Bull is one of the worst - it's full of sugar (sucrose and glucose). And if you get the sugar free version, it's full of aspartame, acesulfame K (whatever the hell that is), and sucralose.

No, I don't think there's any regular place for Red Bull on the Primal/Paleo lifestyle.

Have a cup of coffee?

I used to drink Bawls often when I'd sit around playing computer games years ago. It's got a way better taste and...arguably...is less bad for you than other shitty energy drinks.
        Last edited by carlh; 09-20-2011, 06:24 AM.
        carl's cave

Comment

Energy drinks are sodas with extra, untested, unregulated chemicals in them that are designed to screw with the way your body works.

Poison, plain and simple.

Comment

I used to love Red Bull. Only thing stopping me from drinking it all the time was the insane price. Bar none my favorite energy drink out there.

I know someone who uses mixes caffeine in powder form into his drinks, so I would think that's a much safer choice as long you don't overdo it. Which is really easy because caffeine is a more potent drug than most of us realize, I think. As for me, I just stick with coffee. Not the best choice but I consider it a sensible vice in moderation.

Comment

I used to down red bulls like they were holy water, but I have solid energy all day now, so I don't need them.

Poison, they're pure poison.

Comment

Yeah, all those energy drinks are poison along with all the sodas.

Comment

Use some speed, works way better and isn't even half as bad for you as energy drinks.

Comment

Poison.

Comment

I will drink a Spike every now and again when I have to work with my Australian or Singapore teams and I have to stay up all night. But that is the only reason to do it.
                      People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Ask yourself this...Is the rush worth the crash? Crap in a can is all it is!
                        Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

I have a serious energy drink monkey on my back.

I usually have 2 a day--terrible I know, but I'm considering it part of my 20%. Either RockStar Sugar-free or Monster Lo-Carb. I used to drink coffee, now I prefer energy drinks.

I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying you're not alone.

Comment

Black coffee!
                            I know several people who got kidney stones from energy drinks.
                            I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                            Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                            "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

Used to do 2 lo carb monsters a day in college. It was fun for the first month but I grew to depend on it and had to drink it not to feel like crap instead of drinking it for energy.

Now if I have a cheat night and have a yagerbomb or something I can honestly feel my heart speed up. I guess it is a good reminder on why I stopped drinking them.

Comment

Working...
                              X