Belly fat and diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belly fat and diet

I'm sure this has been discussed prior, but was was wondering how any of you handled losing a slight amount of belly fat. I'm down 30 pounds but I just can't get the last stubborn layer over my mid section. I'm eating strictly primal, but often fruits. Should I go ketosis to drop it, cutting fruit? Or train more?

Any suggestions soul be appreciated!

Mahalo

My first step would limit fruit to once a week, and try to IF.

Comment

Eat less, workout more, sleep more.

Comment

I see a lot of people who try carb or calorie cycling, intermittent fasting, or additional sprint work outs to tackle this. I have a little bit a belly fat left too and am trying to decide if I'm up for the extra effort of getting rid of it or not
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
          I see a lot of people who try carb or calorie cycling, intermittent fasting, or additional sprint work outs to tackle this. I have a little bit a belly fat left too and am trying to decide if I'm up for the extra effort of getting rid of it or not
          How many sprints pr week? ATM I only do one sprint weekly, but was going to up this to 2 in a month.

Comment

Im doing one sprint session a week, two weight training sessions, and 3-4 low cadio walking. I work weird shift hours, and have a high stress job, so that may be contributing to the belly fat issue

Comment

Originally posted by Flyinhawaiian View Post
              Im doing one sprint session a week, two weight training sessions, and 3-4 low cadio walking. I work weird shift hours, and have a high stress job, so that may be contributing to the belly fat issue
              Cortisol= belly fat

Comment

Originally posted by Flyinhawaiian View Post
                I'm sure this has been discussed prior, but was was wondering how any of you handled losing a slight amount of belly fat. I'm down 30 pounds but I just can't get the last stubborn layer over my mid section. I'm eating strictly primal, but often fruits. Should I go ketosis to drop it, cutting fruit? Or train more?
                Any suggestions soul be appreciated!
                Mahalo
                Everyone is making this far too complicated. Simply walk 10,000 steps every day and your belly fat will be GONE.

Get a pedometer and take every opportunity to walk briskly.
                * Park at the far end of parking lots,
                * take stairs instead of elevators,
                * Walk instead of sitting on the couch
                * Walk to nearby stores instead of driving
                * Watch TV on a treadmill

Grizz
                Last edited by Grizz; 09-14-2011, 02:06 AM.

Comment

you gotta squat bro

Comment

The low belly fat will be the last to go. You can't train away excess calories or fat, dump the fruit and consume a calorie deficit.
                    http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

If your circadian rhythms are out-of-tune it's going to be tough.

Stick to sprints 1x a week but up the intensity.

You could try IF'ing, but with your schedule it might be tough and make stress worse.

And if you're not taking a magnesium supplement already, start now.

Comment

Mahalo to all

Comment

+1 on the sprints...maybe add some pullups btw them.
                          Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Working...
                          X