No announcement yet.

How long before fat loss?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was 115lbs (5'0", 25.5% BF) before I left for India in June. When I came back, I was 121. Then I went primal and was down to 115 in a week. I'm 115 for the last 5 weeks , no change in BF, muscle mass according to my scale. Like Sassa, I'm a pear too. I'm XS on top, but a S-M on bottom. Just to rule out that the scale might be faulty, I took measurements using yarn 2 days ago(don't have a tape-measure). I'm going to use that to guage my progress.

Comment

yeah - me too - well, actually, I have gained about 5 lbs since starting, but I think it's too many nuts

!! So I am cutting that out (gulp) and will see after a few more weeks if I get rid of it ... !!!

PrimalMom
      Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Comment

yeah, i have a bad addiction to nuts and nut butter and i'm eating them way too much! i'm trying to cut down to only one serving a day (i can easily do three, four or five without realizing it!)

Comment

I've been completely primal for about 10 days and haven't lost any weirght according to the scale, either. My clothes are starting to be loose, though. My hubby even remarked (unprompted!) that my face looked thinner. I feel great, have tons of energy am not hungry and even feel stronger. I don't even want to eat, when before I would have (while reading, for example).

So, I'm wondering, maybe no movement on the scale may mean body composition rearrangement? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comment

Definitely, Deb ... sounds like recomp to me - have you done any measurements vs scale weight ??

PrimalMom
            Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Comment

I've been doing this for about a year and a half and still have a little less than 20 pounds to go if I want to get down to a lean, ripped physique. Now I was never meticulous about keeping track of how much weight I lost when, or what I was eating or doing at the time. When I started out, the weight came down pretty easily, so I figured it would keep on like that. But then I started hitting plateaus, losing a little more, plateauing, losing a little more, and so on, at very irregular intervals.

I lack the records to make any sort of scientific claim about this, but a year and a half is quite a long time and so I feel justified in at least suggesting that there may be a time lag of days or weeks between your exercising, IF and eating, and their results. That's the gut feeling I have.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

well I lost a lot of weight pretty quickly (5kg per month) the rate of loss has now decreased, partly because i weight a lot less and therefor expend less energy, but also because I am putting muscle on via doing a strength training program, overall i lost lots of weight and have pretty much more lean body mass than i ever did before i started (or ever in fact). Looking forward to getting to 10% body fat and being able to eat around my maintenance calories and doing some serious training and sports.

Comment

Thanks Primalchild. Sometimes it can be frusterating when results aren't somewhat immediate but it's nice to know that the overall trend is towards the body that you want.

Comment

The day after I made the switch to primal, I instantly felt thinner...probably because when I woke up, I went to the bathroom and peed out what felt like a gallon, haha. I'd say within the first week or two I had definitely lost at least a little fat.

My boyfriend is now trying to eat primal (he still eats bread and flour-based baked goods once in a while because he can get away with it, whereas I feel like my stomach is gonna explode), he noticed that his jeans are getting loose on him. He went home for a weekend and while he was there his jeans got tight again...now that he's been back here for a week and a half, they're loose. Sadly he's going home again this weekend.

Comment

Kryz, I've eaten rice ALL my life and I've been primal for about a month. 2 days ago I ate a teeny bit of rice and believe it or not, my stomach felt like it was going to explode!!! I couldn't even sit on the couch and had to recline.

Comment

I'm a 51-year old female, and I've only been Primal for 2 weeks, but have almost lost all of my dreaded "muffin-top" and that annoying "fat-back" (Ladies- you know what I mean). I've only lost about four pounds, but I feel SO much stronger, and my arms/shoulders/back are getting ripped. Even the BF noticed, and he's a jock.

I'm thinking about giving my scale away... any thoughts?

Comment

Yeah, I should do some measuring. I'll buckle down & do it. I keep "forgetting" - I'm sure it's on purpose.

Comment

Wow! Lots fo good ideas how to lose body fat.

I am trying to lose the last inch of spare tire without losing any weight as I am light enough (6' and 154lbs.).

Maybe someone can give me another clue how to lose the last inch. Been trying for a year. The past 3 weeks been low carbing between 30g to 50g a day. Eating good fats and lean meats. Trying to eat grass fed meats. I Xfit 3x a week with weight lifting, starting to walk, and run sprints, too. Eating 90 to 130 g protein a day. Fats consumption around 40g to 55g a day. I am Ifing twice a week. Fairly active and am Mark Sissons age,which may explain why it's been such a struggle. Will look into Omega 6 vs. Omega 3. I will prevail, though! LOL!!

Comment

I'm so hoping someone can help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I've been Primal about 9 mos., am T2 diabetic, 63 yrs.of age and 100 lbs overweight. Been losing inches steadily for a total of 18.5. Weight loss had been only 12 lbs. Within the last month I have gained back 4 lbs. I do weight taining 3 days/wk, walk 6 days/wk & water aerobics 2/wk. Are these a problem:

too much coffee, 1/2 & 1/2, nuts, stevia ???? Please help me fellow Primal people !

Comment

Grokette: Stop looking at the scale! My guess is: you've added muscle. Muscle is 18% denser than fat and weighs more because of it.

Sounds like you're gaining muscle, which will help you burn fat. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that these kinds of plateaus or slight weight increases have more to do with an increase in muscle than the body no longer burning fat. It's still burning fat, but if it's adding muscle at approximately the same rate, you won't see a change on the scale. And weight training is one of the best ways to add lean muscle mass, so you're doing it right! The muscle you're adding - that's like adding another stove to burn fat in. Keep with it!

Judge by the inches you're losing and the way your clothes are fitting and the way you feel - and, as a T2 diabetic, by the way your blood sugars are reacting. Don't depend solely on the scale to measure your progress!

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Working...
                                X