Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get my kcals from?!?!

Hi everyone,

New poster here so please forgive me for maybe a silly question!

Anyway, I am wanting to lose a lot of weight and would like some help with my macro breakdown. my stats are:

weight: 230 lbs

Body fat: 26%

Target is 190lbs with 10% body fat

Now even at 190lbs I have worked out that with my job and training regime I will need aprox 3000kcals per day. where will i get this from? As I am wanting to lose fat I am wanting to stay below 80g carbs per day. But even with that, and say 200g protein, i would need almost 200g fat per day to get my kcals; anywhere near 3000 (i think)

can anyone give me any ideas what i can do to make this easier?

thank you

If you really just need something calorie/fat dense try heavy cream. I made hot cocoa out of some and it kept me full most of the day. But I'm a girl and 125 pounds so it really was like half the calories I needed for the day. If you're working hard and bigger and need more calories it probably won't have the same effect on you. So maybe drink a cup with breakfast? Worth a try.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I wouldn't go for heavy cream simply because dairy slows the weight loss process for a lot of people.

For me personally, I eat about 100 g of protein a day and 125 g of fat that usually comes with it, so logically thinking, if you just eat some fatty cuts of meat and fry your eggs in some nice grass-fed butter, coconut oil, or bacon greese, add some bacon to the mix, you should easily get to your 200 g of fat a day. Make yourself some coconut drinks out of coconut milk. Even though coconut milk is a bit carby, it's also very high in fat.

Comment

200g protein per day is kinda on the high side, no? Anyway its probably "easiest" to add the following in that order.

Butter

Olive/Coconut oil

Bacon

Meat

Nuts (put this at the last b/c I took them out for now, too easy to overeat w/ them...so maybe it should go first)

Could use cheese too... but yeah, might be hard to get that much fat and not feel overly stuffed.

Comment

Avocados, salmon and coconut.

When losing weight I kept nuts to just one portion a day (1 oz).

Cottage cheese works for some people, it is full of BCAA's which are fabulous just after weight training, make a smoothie with pineapple, cottage cheese and coconut milk - instant recovery drink with everything necessary to feed your muscles

Add extra good fats with salad dressings made from olive or nut oils.

Comment

Also, you may find you actually will need fewer calories when they're better-quality calories.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

"make a smoothie with pineapple, cottage cheese and coconut milk"

how's that taste? not trying to be snarky or anything - just curious...sounds interesting.

Comment

Mr. M pineapple and cottage cheese are amazing together (not blended) so I can't imagine it'd be bad!

Comment

i am taking 200g protein as calculated from the 1lb protein per 1lb lean mass- i just figured the extra would help with energy considering my carbs will be lower than 80g per day and also i dont want to lose muscle, or at least i want to minimise it!

i dont have a problem with eating anything, i can eat all day, its just trying to get it into my head that 200g fats (thats 1800kcals!!) will be ok for me to consume!

do i really need that many kcals in a day? could i drop it down to 2500 and see how that goes? im worried incase i drop my kcals too quickly and i plateau soon after!

i appreciate all the help, please keep it coming!

Comment

We might be able to help more if we know what your job and exercise regime are...

For instance I tuck in to 2400(ish) Kcals per day on triathlon training, but only 1800 on lay off weeks like this week. I have over 6 hours of cardio (sometimes up to 20), 3 hours of yoga, and 1 hour of powerlifting each week. I weight 121 lbs (BF 18%ish)

Mr M. The mix sounds weird but tastes yummy, honest! When you do a breakdown you get BCAAs in their best format for absorbtion, protein, a saturated fat that helps the body repair itself, good carbs, and just to put the cherry on the cake, the pineapple aids as anti-inflammatory and muscle repair power house. (use real pineapple not tinned, and that hard core...that is the most beneficial part.)

Comment

nirish_mark20

I am doing almost the exact same as you!

It is eaaasy to get 200g of fat. Chicken with skin, steak, bacon, eggs cooked in bacon grease, butter on veggies, bacon, nuts, sardines, bacon (did I say that already?).

It is hard to get your head around at first with so much fat. I find it easiest to get fats with my meats. I just finished 2 1/4 chicken leg portions.

Don't be a paleotard...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

Comment

"use real pineapple not tinned, and that hard core...that is the most beneficial part."

Do you mean the part of the pineapple that is pretty crunchy, near to the outside?

What an absolutely interesting post-workout drink...haha.

Comment

Mr. M:

The "core" is the part in the middle. It's pretty fibrous and tough. Most people throw it away, but I'm a cheapskate, so I eat it. Requires floss after, though ;-)

Comment

im just working in a supermarket, im on my feet all day stacking shelves basically!

workout wise is as follows:

Monday- weight training (45-60 mins)

Tuesday- '300' workout

Wednesday- Weight Training (45-60 mins)

Thursday- Boot Camp (45 mins intense functional training- burpees, bear crawls, sprints, pressups etc)

Friday- Weight training (45-60 mins)

Saturday or Sunday- Tabata Sprints

I have worked out that I would need about 3000 kcals per day. its just trying to get used to eating 200g of fat per day! i dont mind how i get it, i just feel like its too much!

what i will do though is take all suggestions on board and experiment myself. i will try 3000kcals and see how i feel. then drop it down if i feel like its too much.

cheers for all the help, i appreciate it

Comment

hi nirish...your workout chart is cool...interesting....as per my suggestions you have to go for whey protein, it will really good to you concerned to diet schedule also...!

Comment

Working...
                              X