X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smuckers Simply Fruit spreads

Peach | Jam, Jelly, & Preserves | Smucker's Products | Smucker's
    Blueberry | Jam, Jelly, & Preserves | Smucker's Products | Smucker's

thoughts on using this every so often with eggs or other things?

I love blueberry with chicken for some reason.

Be careful with things like "fruit syrup and natural flavors". They can be very misleading. Grok On!
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

I just through up a little in my mouth.

Smuckers?

What happened to avoiding processed foods?
      My Fitday public journal.
      Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
      Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
      Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

I knew the question by reading the title. No. just No. If Smucker's Jam is now primal, I'm outta here. Meats and veggies and natural fats, people. It's not hard.
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

*wades in* i buy it on occasion, i like peach jelly

i also made my own with no sugar gell stuff, it was less sweet and more tangy and super easy
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
            Be careful with things like "fruit syrup and natural flavors". They can be very misleading. Grok On!
            And, in the ingredients list, the "fruit syrup" comes before the actual fruit. "Natural flavors" can include sugar. Hey, it's a "natural" product, right?

So, just eat the fruit or make it into a smoothie. You don't need all that other stuff.

Comment

Processed food--NO!

If you like blueberry with chicken, then buy fresh blueberries and mash them or however you like them with your chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by emmie View Post
                Processed food--NO!

If you like blueberry with chicken, then buy fresh blueberries and mash them or however you like them with your chicken.
                +1

making your own fruit compotes/reductions for dishes and what not is super easy and way better for you.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

I'm a bit sceptical to the fruit syrup also. If possible, I would try to get hold of some actual fruit and berries and have that with my meal instead.
                  Norak's Primal Journal:
                  2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
                  2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
                  2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Comment

There's nothing wrong with eating something out of a jar if you truly enjoy it. However, I think you should treat yourself to something a step above smuckers.
                    My favourite jam is crofter's: Welcome to Crofter's Organic! (I find it at whole foods, or zehrs if you live in canada)
                    This is also good: :: Welcome to St.Dalfour - Naturally Versatile :: (I find it at safeway, but I think it's pretty high in sugar)

Comment

Sugar (whether added or 'naturally' derived from concentrating it out of the fruit itself) is a necessary ingredient in preserves, it's what is doing the preserving. In addition to the ingredient list you've got to look at the nutritional info where the sugar will be outed. I can't see how going upscale would make any difference. Eat the Smuckers if you want but it's basically sugar w/ some fruit in it.
                      Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Added sugar is added sugar. Fruit syrup is another form of added sugar. I have made fruit compotes which are fruit and possibly a little gelatin added for texture. Even that is "sugary" for primal because of all the natural fruit sugars concentrated in it and should be used in moderation.
                        Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Originally posted by Enamel View Post
                          There's nothing wrong with eating something out of a jar if you truly enjoy it.
                          Huh? So, basically anything that tastes good is fine? OK..., but I'm not sure what kind of nutrition / diet / health philosophy that is.
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                            Huh? So, basically anything that tastes good is fine? OK..., but I'm not sure what kind of nutrition / diet / health philosophy that is.
                            By no means do I think processed foods should be a dietary staple, but having jam 'every so often' doesn't sound like that big of a deal to me, even though I personally think smuckers is gross. I understand where everyone else is coming from, but it's also easy to get too worked-up over stuff like this. (I've got an eating disorder, and I always worry when I see other people getting obsessive about food because I don't want them to go over the edge. Ridiculous, I know!)

Comment

Originally posted by Enamel View Post
                              By no means do I think processed foods should be a dietary staple, but having jam 'every so often' doesn't sound like that big of a deal to me, even though I personally think smuckers is gross. I understand where everyone else is coming from, but it's also easy to get too worked-up over stuff like this. (I've got an eating disorder, and I always worry when I see other people getting obsessive about food because I don't want them to go over the edge. Ridiculous, I know!)
                              I agree w/ you entirely about being super-obessive (I ate a cheeseburger and fries last week, sshhhh), but if a new person asks if X product is the same as real food and therefore pb-compatible, the answer is, "no" - anything is "fine" once in a while, but that's not the same as the "eat as much as you want of X" category.

Comment

Working...
                              X