Kombucha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kombucha

does anyone drink Kombucha? I may have 16oz a week of GT's Kombucha. For the fermentation... any thoughts?

Originally posted by perceptionfitness View Post
    does anyone drink Kombucha? I may have 16oz a week of GT's Kombucha. For the fermentation... any thoughts?
    Yep, I buy a couple bottles of GT's a week. Citrus and strawberry are my favorites. A lot of people make their own, but I tend toward massive failure at stuff like that, so I just buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ummmmya View Post
      Yep, I buy a couple bottles of GT's a week. Citrus and strawberry are my favorites. A lot of people make their own, but I tend toward massive failure at stuff like that, so I just buy it.
      cool, good to know!

Comment

i make mine, it's super easy. if you google you'll find instructions on how to grow a SCOBY from a bottle of GT's. my kids love it.

Comment

I tried kombucha for the first time tonight, and I have to say, its not to my taste :\ Like, really not. At all.
          Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
            I tried kombucha for the first time tonight, and I have to say, its not to my taste :\ Like, really not. At all.
            The first time I had Kombucha I didnt like it either. Now, I really love it!

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
              The first bottle I bought was nasty. It wasn't G.T's though. I picked up a bottle of G.T.'s after, and have been hooked ever since.

Comment

I drink it daily. About 3 oz with my heaviest meat meal to aid digestion. I make my own now, but I use GT's whenever I run out!
                Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by perceptionfitness View Post
                  Just tried it for the first time today. It was very good, but then again, I also like to drink apple cider vinegar tea.

This seems like a tasty drink, and I crave diet pepsi once in a while I can't drink it because it upsets my tummy so this is a perfect subsitute!
                  Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Comment

LOVE it. Get this odd kind of high feeling that is unlike anything else I've ever tried. Mmmmmm...
                    My Before/After Pics
                    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

We bought a Kombucha mother on Ebay for about 3 bucks and make ours at home. It's pretty easy and saves a TON of money in the long run.

Comment

I was making my own for a while, but then got lazy. But after doing the math and realizing that I'm spending almost $800 a year on GT's, I decided to stop being lazy. Now, I just have to wait for my SCOBY to start growing.

Comment

Where can you get kombucha at? Or specifically, where do you get G.T. at?
                          Georgette

Comment

This is a sweet source for various ferment resources and sells kombucha scobys here (click on Kombucha Tea Starter Culture): Kalamazoo Horror Fest - Arts/Entertainment/Nightlife - Kalamazoo, MI | Facebook
                            My Before/After Pics
                            Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              Where can you get kombucha at? Or specifically, where do you get G.T. at?
                              Most of our markets here have it BUT with added crap. Something to really watch.

I am on my way to Trader Joe's, not sure if they have it.

I have failed twice last week. 1) Kombucha and 2) fermenting cabbage.

I am indeed my own little project.

Comment

Working...
                              X