Excess calories on a high fat low carb diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess calories on a high fat low carb diet

This is purely a theoretical question - how does the body store excess calories on a high fat and protein, low carb diet (without the insulin spikes)?

Only one of the degreed engineers on MDA could answer that...

Comment

as fat.

Excess calories always get stored as body fat, no matter what composition of diet you have.
      Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

JKC, are you an engineer?

Comment

lol - no a housewife, but I can't resist answering a question I know the answer too
          Karin

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Comment

I appreciate the replies, and i dont mean to be rude...but did you even read the question???? I didn't ask "IF" they get stored as body fat, but how. And john - your response is meaningless.

Again, i'm not trying to be rude, but it doesn't help either myself or anyone who's looking for the same answer to post nonsense. It's a specific question - if you can't answer it - then don't reply!

Comment

Actually, the question was how do excess calories get stored, and JKC answered with "as fat", which did answer the question.

However, how excess gets stored as fat is another thing.

Comment

so you think i just threw in "without an insulin spike" for no reason. You're an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Bill View Post
                  so you think i just threw in "without an insulin spike" for no reason. You're an idiot
                  Actually, Ladycarnivore is quite intelligent. That's not a nice thing to say to a lady.

Comment

that moron john knows that was directed at him, not you. i guess he is as clever as he is smart. I don't know if you're trying to be funny. Or you're just bored. But go do something else John. You're an absolute moron

Comment

Primal Bill, after you have more experience in the forums, you will see what I meant about my first post.

Comment

It's funny, if the question had been, what happens to excess calories if you eat high carb, then you would have had everyone on top of this post.

Primal Bill, I think you have stumped them.

Comment

Whether you have excess calories as carbs or fat, they get changed to fat and stored. Carbs above around 400 calories a day will automatically get shunted into fat, first as free fatty acids in the blood, but then if that is too much it will be stored as fat in the cells. The same thing happens with fat that we eat except it doesn't have to get converted from carb to fat first. You do not need a big blood sugar spike to store fat. If you ate a grossly high calorie 0 carb diet you would store some of the excess as fat (providing you didn't burn it off through thermogenesis).

Is that more the kind of answer you were looking for?
                          Karin

Comment

Why are guys trying to help a person who insults you in every post?
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              Why are guys trying to help a person who insults you in every post?
                              No shit! Your fat gets stored because your body isn't smart enough to get rid of it. What a dick.

Comment

Working...
                              X