Throat hurts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throat hurts.

My throat has been hurting for two weeks now. In those two weeks I've had one or two days when I thought it was over but the next day it came back again. Whenever I drink hot tea it feels way better but five minutes later it's just as bad again. Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process?

It's only the right side of my throat, from the back of my tongue 'till my adams apple.

Vitamin C speeds healing. You might want to check with the doctor, since that's a long time to have a sore throat.

Salt water gargle is antiseptic and could help - also zinc lozenges are good for a sore throat. If all else fails, you could also try chicken soup (seriously).
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

You weren't kissing any east german girls this summer were you?

Comment

Originally posted by JKC View Post
        Vitamin C speeds healing. You might want to check with the doctor, since that's a long time to have a sore throat.

Salt water gargle is antiseptic and could help - also zinc lozenges are good for a sore throat. If all else fails, you could also try chicken soup (seriously).
        I've been eating a decent amount of broccoli and chicken soup already, I'll do some extra broccoli tomorrow and I'll try the salt water, thnx.

Originally posted by otzi View Post
        You weren't kissing any east german girls this summer were you?
        Haha, no. Just Dutch, Polish, Slowakian and Hungarian :P.

Comment

Originally posted by JKC View Post

I would start w/ 5 grams ascorbic acid and take it until you get loose stools. Then 2 gram an hour while awake. In the am, take another 5 grams and repeat. I would continue loading until you are feeling better.

http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/surefire.shtml

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/fo...forum.php?f=19

The above is according to Linus Pauling.
          Last edited by scottbushey; 08-31-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

if it doesn't improve soon, go to the doctor.
            If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

Avocado?

I get this every time I eat more than a few slices of avocado. It's the same feeling you get right before you get sick. Maybe you are experiencing something similar?

Comment

There are a lot of possible reasons for a sore throat from allergies to thrush to strep to whatever. You need to see a doctor a figure out what is going on. That is too long for a "normal" sore throat to be hanging around.

Comment

I'm pretty confident I know what caused it - I have to admit that my summer holidays have been all but primal. The sore throat started after Sziget festival, which mainly was a week with a lot of drinking. I've not really stopped drinking and have only been primal again since last monday.

The sore throat is just annoying, not extremely painfull or anything. I realise that having a sore throat this long isn't normal. I will try the ascorbic acid and staying completely primal for a few days. I'm confident it will help and if not I will go to a doctor . Thnx!

Comment

Try echinecia supplement with added garlic and Vit C. Always helps me when I get a cold or sore throat.

Comment

It might just be allergies. I've had the worst allergies of my entire life this year, they've been on and off all summer long. Especially the last couple weeks, I've had a sore throat too. Some days I think I'm coming down with something, then feel fine the next day. If it's been 2 weeks, a cold wouldn't last that long so it's not viral. Look at the back of your throat and see if you have post nasal drip, if you do but are not congested, it's probably just allergies. If so, try some antihistamines and see if they help. Also try a saline nasal rise.

Comment

I take organic Oil of Oregano (3-4 drops) in a glass of O.J. Never fails!!

Comment

try to just shake it off, i would wait another month and then see how it is.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys! I loaded myself with ascorbic acid yesterday and somewhere in the evening the sore throat was gone. I did some extra ascorbic acid today to be sure. But I'm pretty sure it's gone now.

I geuss my immune system was just weak from the six week vacation I had in eastern europe. Walking around 12+ hours (often with a 25kg backpack) a day while eating and sleeping bad and drinking a lot probably isn't the best thing to do :P.

Comment

10000 iu Vitamin D3 for 3 days ,igt bost your immune system

Comment

Working...
                              X