Eggs: omega 3 or organic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs: omega 3 or organic?

Which would you choose? And if you were raising laying hens, how would you best increase the Omega 3 content of the eggs, given the availability of only conventional layer pellets and an Alaskan winter (I.e., no natural forage for 9 months of the year)?

Thanks!

OneDeltaTenTango

organic. I buy organic over the omega 3 in the store, the difference is only 40mg of omega3 max.

Comment

I would choose omega 3 (in fact I do )
      Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

You could feed them whole flax seeds.

Kathy

Comment

We buy organic, They're better quality and have 20x the O3 that conventional eggs do.
          There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Greatly appreciated. I have to say that I was in heaven on vacation in Vermont this summer with lots of pastures eggs, occasionally for $1.50/dozen at roadside/family stands. Noticeable difference from my conventionally fed backyard chix eggs (who don't get enough time or space out of their pen to forage naturally)

Comment

Working...
            X